edibles....

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
not my thing. no control over dosing....takes forever to hit....nope-do not see the appeal. Tried an RSO....took 3.5 hours before it started kicking. Now it fuckin kicked hard though. Took a 50mg capsule and felt like shit the next day. Took it and went to bed an hour or so later. Had a hard time waking up and was just out of it all day. Nope-not for me. Tried the weed experiment and once again...it just ain't for me. Was really hoping for some pain relief and some good mood altering benefits. I'm just one of those guys that does not respond well to drugs. Pain meds....make me sick. Weed...makes me noidy and the loss of focus and control messes with me. Fuckin downers though.....they work...not trying to get addicted so.....I'm kinda bummed out. I did not want to be smoking because of my kids. The smell and everything else. At least if I'm smoking I can control the intake much better.

I agree with ya I hate waxes and edibles with a passion. Maybe look into a dry herb vaporizer. I haven’t smoked anything in forever so I don’t know what a good brand would be but they’re low on smell and don’t get you annihilated like normal weed, waxes, and edibles can.

CBD oil will give you the benefits you want brudda, without the "loss of control", hangover and so on.

I think it was watching the new Roadhouse that probably ruined your buzz
Watched the new Roadhouse last night. Trying not to hate it. Akin to my thoughts after making to time to see Beekeper at the theater. I was entertained. I am realizing 2 things: 1) at age 57, it’s really hard to find any stimulus that is truly ‘new’ to me anymore. Everything in life that I like - from rippin guitar to hot women to alpha dog martial arts movies - it all is starting to feel “like a worn out recoding of a favorite song” (to rob shamelessly from Rupert Holmes).
2) at age 57, people making the big decisions in the entertainment industry are 20-30 years younger than me. My parents were displaced by a generation who thought Elvis and the Beatles were ‘square.’ We are now being displaced by a generation who thinks VH and the Crue and Muscle Cars are square.

As far as edibles - I’m married to a daily smoker. I’ve tried weed enough times (6 +/-) to know it just aint my thing. But now that out neighboring state (MO) has gone fully legal, and we are a whopping 5 miles from the state line, wifey makes regular ‘runs to the border.’ She brought me a THC infused Chocolate Bar (toasted coconut) with 10 mg per square. I break the squares in half (5 mg theoretically) and have absolutely never, ever slept so well. I have half a square on Friday night and the other half a square on Saturday night and then I can deal with Monday through Friday all over again.

At this age, once fully retired, I will have a half a square every night - sleep a solid 9 hrs without even turning over in my sleep - and feel more relaxed and happy than I have in decades.

(Now if I could just find a safe line on some legit Deca, Winny and Clen to get that Jacked Gyllenhaal look …)

Weed sucks. Stomach in throat. Switch to manual breathing. Heart pounding. Sit on couch and think about the following
Bankruptcy
Lob Joss
Death
Taxes

Nothing like a good toke to make you relax fellas? Please spare me the Indica / Sativa lecture. To me they're all the same.
Edibles? I might as well call the paramedics ahead of time. 7 hour trip to mars with no off switch. ALL SET

Use to smoke lots of weed in my younger days without issue. Then one day I had a panic attach and that panic attack rewired my brain permanently. My tolerance to weed reversed overnight. One hit now and I feel like I took a hit of acid. I don't think it works out well with people with PTSD. My wife can take 200mg of any edible and just fall asleep. Doesn't get high, just falls asleep. Boggles my mind. If I took an edible, I'd be up for 3 days.

Any opiate though? Damn. I use to love these synthetic opiates called Retards made by Grunenthal in Germany. Use to get them online. 150mg of synthetic, time released goodness.
I could take one and strip off the roof of the house and be up there at 2am shingling. I could knock down an oak tree with my bare hands. Pure energy. Wife takes a vic and barfs her brains out. LOL.

But with anything, the buzz comes with the price and I figured having the flu 3 days a week (detox) wasn't sustainable.
So now it's just beer and sometimes a couple Kratom (which is like a mild opiate.) Can only take 2 once a week if that. Anything more and I have to do 1 day of detox with runny nose, achy bones.

My philosophy is this. There are no pain killers. The only pain killer is to fix beforehand what is causing the pain. In my case, nowadays, it's beer and sugar, which is why I limit the Beer to 1 or 2 days a week max. Sugar is the final thing I have to do battle with. I don't eat 19 hours out of the day, but when I watch TV before bed, have a propensity for shoveling shit in my mouth and the next day I feel it.

Weed sucks. Stomach in throat. Switch to manual breathing. Heart pounding. Sit on couch and think about the following
Bankruptcy
Lob Joss
Death
Taxes

Nothing like a good toke to make you relax fellas? Please spare me the Indica / Sativa lecture. To me they're all the same.
Edibles? I might as well call the paramedics ahead of time. 7 hour trip to mars with no off switch. ALL SET

Use to smoke lots of weed in my younger days without issue. Then one day I had a panic attach and that panic attack rewired my brain permanently. My tolerance to weed reversed overnight. One hit now and I feel like I took a hit of acid. I don't think it works out well with people with PTSD. My wife can take 200mg of any edible and just fall asleep. Doesn't get high, just falls asleep. Boggles my mind. If I took an edible, I'd be up for 3 days.

Any opiate though? Damn. I use to love these synthetic opiates called Retards made by Grunenthal in Germany. Use to get them online. 150mg of synthetic, time released goodness.
I could take one and strip off the roof of the house and be up there at 2am shingling. I could knock down an oak tree with my bare hands. Pure energy. Wife takes a vic and barfs her brains out. LOL.

But with anything, the buzz comes with the price and I figured having the flu 3 days a week (detox) wasn't sustainable.
So now it's just beer and sometimes a couple Kratom (which is like a mild opiate.) Can only take 2 once a week if that. Anything more and I have to do 1 day of detox with runny nose, achy bones.

My philosophy is this. There are no pain killers. The only pain killer is to fix beforehand what is causing the pain. In my case, nowadays, it's beer and sugar, which is why I limit the Beer to 1 or 2 days a week max. Sugar is the final thing I have to do battle with. I don't eat 19 hours out of the day, but when I watch TV before bed, have a propensity for shoveling shit in my mouth and the next day I feel it.
the panic attack scenario happened to a bandmate of mine. went from a lifelong toker to immediately not being able to touch the stuff. After years passed, he has slowly been able to try it again with good results.

I dig the edibles. Don't smoke because of my kid. I'm a lightweight, so I go for half at a time or smaller doses.

the panic attack scenario happened to a bandmate of mine. went from a lifelong toker to immediately not being able to touch the stuff. After years passed, he has slowly been able to try it again with good results.

I dig the edibles. Don't smoke because of my kid. I'm a lightweight, so I go for half at a time or smaller doses.
Yep, shit is like acid for me now. I've been contemplating microdosing shrooms, but where TF am I gonna get those? Lucky that weed is legal in the communist state of Massachusetts. I know I could get spores and do 5000 hours of research myself to figure it out, but then there would be no time for music. So I'll just stay depressed. I refuse to give big pharma any money. Fucking corrupt fucking assholes.

gummies serve their purpose.
2 issues i have it they are never strong enough so have to take 2 or 3
then takes 2 hours to kick in in my case
by that time my impatience self has to hit up a few bowls

but at least gummies are stealth so my clothes dont smell

Yep, shit is like acid for me now. I've been contemplating microdosing shrooms, but where TF am I gonna get those? Lucky that weed is legal in the communist state of Massachusetts. I know I could get spores and do 5000 hours of research myself to figure it out, but then there would be no time for music. So I'll just stay depressed. I refuse to give big pharma any money. Fucking corrupt fucking assholes.
My buddy does the spores in a bag thing and I don't remember him saying anything about it being a lot of work :dunno:

Good shit though :yes:

Back