Edwards LP question

I'm about to swap out the electronics in my Edwards LP. Does anyone know if the guitar uses long or short shaft pots? I don't have the guitar here with me so I can't take a look for myself.

I would go with long shaft pots, but you should know that all guitars from Japan are measured for metric pots. (6 mm vs. 3/8 in.) So it just needs to be routed out to fit 3/8 size now. I did this along with some better pickups (MC 2nd Degree Blackbelts). That definitely brought that guitar to life. Couldn't get into the Duncan Distortion pickup at all. But I could see it working for high gain all-the-time genres.

se7en":7lzro19o said:
I would go with long shaft pots, but you should know that all guitars from Japan are measured for metric pots. (6 mm vs. 3/8 in.) So it just needs to be routed out to fit 3/8 size now. I did this along with some better pickups (Duncan Distortion). That definitely brought that guitar to life.

You may be able to find metric pots but only the spline is metric on everyone I have seen so you will need to drill the hole larger anyways. If you do get a standard pot (which i totally recommend) be sure to order new knobs because the original knobs wont fit the new pots.

-Alex

Back