Egnater E2 modular Preamp?

(bumping this thread). I've been watching this post for replies but none yet. I'm hoping for something definitive soon regarding the E2 as that is my next purchase. Can't wait to hook it up to my Rebel and start getting different modules. The GAS is killing me!

You could use it with a Rebel????? Ha, I want a combo for practice or small gigs and this may be the answer, a Rebel or Renegade.

I heard they might be still dialing in some issues so maybe later this year I hope! Jeff said it would ship in July but I think it got pushed back.

kingsryche":180bob34 said:
(bumping this thread). I've been watching this post for replies but none yet. I'm hoping for something definitive soon regarding the E2 as that is my next purchase. Can't wait to hook it up to my Rebel and start getting different modules. The GAS is killing me!
+1 :thumbsup:

No technical issues with E2, just "not enough time" issues. I've been working on the final PCB layout all week and it is now about 90% done. This could mean we may be able to start shipping within the next 10 -12 weeks. Will keep you posted on progress. We really are pretty close.

bruce egnater":gxw1nr7n said:
No technical issues with E2, just "not enough time" issues. I've been working on the final PCB layout all week and it is now about 90% done. This could mean we may be able to start shipping within the next 10 -12 weeks. Will keep you posted on progress. We really are pretty close.
Wow!That's great news,thanks :rock: !

bruce egnater":lwqxzdsr said:
...This could mean we may be able to start shipping within the next 10 -12 weeks. Will keep you posted on progress...
COOL!!! I have a spot waiting in my rack for one.
Thanks Bruce.

Cool, maybe I'll have one by summer's end or early fall!

So guys, can the Rebel combo work with the E2? How about the Renegade?

richedie":37g4zulg said:
Cool, maybe I'll have one by summer's end or early fall!

So guys, can the Rebel combo work with the E2? How about the Renegade?

Any amp with a serial effects send/return.

And with the Rebel 30 coming out in head, this may be a game changer for me. Rebel 30 head with E2 pre in a rack with a nice processor and power conditioner. 2X12 Tourmaster ... !!!

Not meaning to hi-jack but I have some E2 questions...

1. Is it basically the mod 50 in a preamp with no power stage? In other words could you use it alone into a power amp?

2. Similar to question 1, does it have the series loop and parallel loop like the mod50 as well or no loops and just an output? If so on the loop/s are they line level or instrument?

3. I saw a picture of it in a headshell, will it come with that standard or will it just be a rack mount?

4. Can a guitar be run straight into the E2 or is it only for running in the series loop of another amp?

Thanks!

king tone":mrry9eui said:
Not meaning to hi-jack but I have some E2 questions...

1. Is it basically the mod 50 in a preamp with no power stage? In other words could you use it alone into a power amp?

2. Similar to question 1, does it have the series loop and parallel loop like the mod50 as well or no loops and just an output? If so on the loop/s are they line level or instrument?

3. I saw a picture of it in a headshell, will it come with that standard or will it just be a rack mount?

4. Can a guitar be run straight into the E2 or is it only for running in the series loop of another amp?

Thanks!

1. Yes...mostly it is that

2. No it does not have a series or parallel effects loop. It has an insert though, so you can use it w/ an existing amp in its effects loop. Why you don't need a series effects loop...because between the output of the E2 and the input of your power amp IS a series effects loop. The insert is meant be used if you are using it with a Mod50 or another preamp. The signal chain would be:

Guitar -> E2 Input. E2 Preamp Send -> Mod50 or other amp Guitar input. Mod 50 or other guitar amp series effects loop send -> E2 Preamp return. E2 Main outs -> Mod50 or other guitar amp series effects loop return.

They are doing that because it allows you to use your current amps preamp, and the E2 w/o having to buy a separate switching system to do that.

3. Headshell was just for NAMM. It'll be sold w/o the headshell. Might be an option. You can always buy one of those from Mojo, which is probably who made it in the first place.

4. Yes you can. The "insert" is optional. The signal path would be -> Guitar -> E2 input -> E2 output -> power amp input

Thanks very much for the info...

and I was not trying to start a war in the other thread on marshall tone, sorry if I offended

king tone":2v6f94m3 said:
Thanks very much for the info...

and I was not trying to start a war in the other thread on marshall tone, sorry if I offended

No war at all...I was just giving you my opinion :)

Eric

aeroic":16njbu2j said:
The insert is meant be used if you are using it with a Mod50 or another preamp. The signal chain would be:

Guitar -> E2 Input. E2 Preamp Send -> Mod50 or other amp Guitar input. Mod 50 or other guitar amp series effects loop send -> E2 Preamp return. E2 Main outs -> Mod50 or other guitar amp series effects loop return.

They are doing that because it allows you to use your current amps preamp, and the E2 w/o having to buy a separate switching system to do that.
How one is able to switch, then, between the modules of E2 and Mod 50, if the Mod 50 is in the loop of the E2? If I want to use a module that is in MOD50, how can I bypass the preamp section of E2? :confused:

bump cause I'm interested in how one of these may (or may not?) integrate into a renegade 212 combo. just sit it on top, plug into the E2 and plug the E2's output into the renegade's fx loop return and up up and away?

Back