egnater renegade replacement PT cost

buttkinz

Hey guys, the power transformer has just blown in one of my egnater renegades and am wondering whether to attempt to order one from bruce or just get the mercury magnetics one.
from a few people iv seen before with broken transformers bruce is selling them for 200 dollars i think, just need to check as i can buy a mercury magnetic drop in replacement for 190 dollars.

cheers

alex

Hi there,
A certified repair business can purchase the Renegade 65 Power Transformer for 125 dollars direct from us via email at info@egnateramps.com . For safety reasons, we cannot send these parts to users.

Hope this clears up any info you might have,
Best,
-B

Hey B,

Cheers for answering man, it's a real shame i can't buy a replacement part from the people who built my amp :( the UK is empty of anyone who will touch egnaters so I guess il have to get my tech to order a mercury one :(

Doesn't the bosses know Barratt what's happening to egnaters reputation in the UK? It's such a shame as they had such top reviews at launch and my studio and musicians iv recommended to have bought loads of them over the last 3 years. Really hope you manage to turn it around man, thanks again for clearing it up :)

Alex

Www.lmcrecords.Co.uk

hey guys, one quick question, i just need to double check its the power transformer thats gone, the primary coil has a resistance of 23.5ohms, this is at the 230v setting. could you confirm this is too low for the tranny to be working. it also has a smell of burnt dip and secretion of yellow clear liquid from the primary coil section. Just wanted to know if this is 100% a burnt tranny and not anything else that can cause this.

i know it looks 99% like its the coil, just wanted to to check with you guys before it goes to my tech tomorrow as theres no specs on your transformers online.

cheers guys

alex

www.lmcrecords.co.uk

My renegade 112 combo blew a power transformer too. Been in the shop now 2 weeks and they told me yesterday they still don't know where to find a replacement. They are a Egnater repair center from what I am told by the folks a the local GC.

Vlad called me back. He was very helpful and answered the questions I had. I have decided to take the $$ plunge and get a Mercury Magnetics PT and OT. Pretty much using a chunk of my tax return! I hope I like the results.

yeah man, i ended up contacting a really helpful chap called jim who owns jmi music in texas, he sent over a new MM tranny straight away for 170 dollars including shipping to the UK, well pleased with them. Also added a cheeky set of kt88's on the order, heard some excellent results from people on the renegade - if you have a PT that can handle it :) cheaper than sending my amp to an egnater repair shop haha!

This is an old thread, but I have an Egnator Renegade with a failed power transformer (the 12VDC supply isn't outputting any voltage). The only replacement power transformer I can find online is this one from Mercury Magnetics:
https://www.mercurymagnetics.com/product/eg-renegade-65-p-2/

However, Mercury says that their power transformer just comes with bare wires (no lugs, which the Renegade needs to connect into) and their schematic shows the transformer outputting 16VDC instead of 12VDC. I can put lugs on, but that is an extra step.

FYI, this is the schematic I am using, which I assume is correct:
https://el34world.com/charts/Schematics/files/Egnater/Egnater_renegadesch_8_09.pdf
Questions
1. Has anyone successfully used the Mercury Magnetics power transformer for the Egnator Renegade?
2. Can the Renegade preamp section handle 16VDC?
3. Any other output transformers out there? I've contacted both Egnator and Sweetwater, but haven't heard back from either.

Back