egnator service???

kirk

i've been trying to contact someone at egnater about a service question along with parts availability and i emailed twice and called and nothing,no one returned my email and no returned called ,how do you get a response

hey got a call back from a friendly guy at egnater ,totally got the answers i needed...thanks!!

Sorry for the trouble. We are always trying to improve our service. Can you please tell me what number you called, how many times and when? Did you leave a message each time? What about your email experience? What address did you use? How many times and when? When did they answer you? Thanks!!!

I've also emailed a few times with no results....
I have a brand new Renegade 410X Cab
One of the aluminum slides on the bottom that holds
the wheels came in damaged and will not except a wheel...
It must have gotten crushed somewhere along the line..
I'm looking for that wheel bracket even if I have to pay for it
Thanks......

I submitted a trouble ticket for my new Renegade and got a response from Nate in service, about 12 hours later. Pretty fast response.

Tommy

Bruce, I'm posting here because of the various problems I've had w/the brand new rebel 30 combo I bought. My experience w/the service has been variable. Seems to vary w/when I call (I'm on east coast and the time difference plus my work schedule doesn't help). Anyway, I typically call in the midday to afternoon PST and I get an answer about 50% of the time. When I do, people are willing to answer questions. But, the suggestions and attempts to fix what should have been working out of the box have been fruitless so far. I submitted a ticket online and either my complaint was cross checked against that...or they've simply never followed it up, ever. Not sure which. I've been working through Nate via his direct email and now that NAMM is over I get fairly good turn around on my questions. I can understand that NAMM is a big deal, but it started on 1/19 and my problems predate that by a bit.

As you pointed out ages ago, I'm turning into that frustrated customer who's product experience is all about fixing something that arrived new and broken. My brother really likes the sound of the Rebel-30 Combo, but based on my experiences w/the new amp and poor quality he's now skittish, and I can't blame him.

I don't want to use the service thread for the product problems/complaints, so will post that separately. Bottom line is that I've got a new amp that I received in mid-December, tried out about 7-10 days later, and all my time with it since then has been simply dealing w/the headaches.

I think Bruce Egnater is a great guy, who designs great amps IMHO. Problem is (IMHO) a lot of growth (many new models) Growing pains to be expected. Love egnaters amps so, I'm hanging in there.

Spoke to the customer service guys today. They are changing their phone and contact system to help improve service quality. You can email either (or both) nate@egnateramps.com or alex@egnateramps.com directly. They did tell me about some issues that prevent them from following up with customers. One that they get quite often is a person will call and say something like "My name is XXXXX and I have a problem with an Egnater amp. Please call me back" ....but they don't leave a phone number. Another is calling a number of times and not leaving a message at all. At this time, due to the volume of calls and all the other stuff Alex and Nate do on a daily basis, there is probably a 50-50 chance they will be able to actually answer your call in real time. They will call back ASAP but you need to give them a chance. I promise we are working on this and will gladly take any suggestions you have.

*****Dragonflame: You weren't really clear on what the issues are with your amp but please email alex@egnateramps.com directly. I'm sure he can help resolve all the problems.

bruce egnater":k03xi4q7 said:
Spoke to the customer service guys today. They are changing their phone and contact system to help improve service quality. You can email either (or both) nate@egnateramps.com or alex@egnateramps.com directly. They did tell me about some issues that prevent them from following up with customers. One that they get quite often is a person will call and say something like "My name is XXXXX and I have a problem with an Egnater amp. Please call me back" ....but they don't leave a phone number. Another is calling a number of times and not leaving a message at all. At this time, due to the volume of calls and all the other stuff Alex and Nate do on a daily basis, there is probably a 50-50 chance they will be able to actually answer your call in real time. They will call back ASAP but you need to give them a chance. I promise we are working on this and will gladly take any suggestions you have.

*****Dragonflame: You weren't really clear on what the issues are with your amp but please email alex@egnateramps.com directly. I'm sure he can help resolve all the problems.

Bruce, why not hire a receptionist? she or he, could take all the calls and get the info for return calls. I have been guilty of not leaving a message too,(on a machine) you need a real person to direct the call IMHO. It doesn't have to be a person who knows anything about amps. i think its worth the money.

My new Renegade that I bought in December STILL isn't fixed. Nate and Alex were GREAT in getting me an RA number and the name of a local dealer. Unfortunately, this shop has less store hours than a bank and doesn't answer emails or phone calls.

Being so "pro Egnater" and touting the quality and tone of my Rebel and Renegade makes this hurt, bigtime. When I turn the amp on and let it warm up, Channel two is dead, but eventually comes on.

I'm tired of calling, writing, driving by this shop.....I just want to bring my defective amp to a dealer in Northeast PA and get it fixed....it's gonna be freakin April in a few days

Tom

Hey Bruce, don't know if I should have started a new thread or not but I just had one question. I bought a tweaker 88 prototype a few weeks ago and it's a great amp, but I'm wondering if there's any warranty on prototypes and if so would I even qualify for it since I'm the 2nd (at least) owner? Is there any way to tell it's a proto, it has no serial # but not sure if that's the only sign.

kirk":zwlt272z said:
hey got a call back from a friendly guy at egnater ,totally got the answers i needed...thanks!!

Yeah. I made a similar post with Egnater service and now I feel terrible about it. I was a bit antsy and they got back to me promptly. Bruce and the guys are amongst the best.

jkkkjkhk":km99121b said:
Hey Bruce, don't know if I should have started a new thread or not but I just had one question. I bought a tweaker 88 prototype a few weeks ago and it's a great amp, but I'm wondering if there's any warranty on prototypes and if so would I even qualify for it since I'm the 2nd (at least) owner? Is there any way to tell it's a proto, it has no serial # but not sure if that's the only sign.

Just out of curiosity, where did you purchase a prototype from. Unfortunately you won't really have a warranty for parts and labor, since it's not a production unit, but our service guys will be glad to help troubleshoot any issues.

My son has a Rebel 20 as his main gigging amp. Nate has been very responsive to a few issues we have had over the last 2-3 years.

Currently the Rebel 20 will not power up (Power LED never comes on) and I sent an email to Nate on Saturday April 7, so I would not expect a reply on the weekend. Yesterday evening, Monday Apr 9th, I did a little troubleshooting: found that the fuses were good. I removed the back plate and noticed that if I held the head with the back up, the tubes started to glow and the power LED was lit, until I rotated the head back normal.

I then was able to get the amp to power up if some pressure was applied to the power switch, but any vibration or if you tap the side of the amp head it would go off. There seams to be a loose connection. It is still under the initial factory warranty for another month. I sent a follow up email to Nate last night to give him this new information.

Not knowing how the power switch is wired in and not wanting to dismantle something under warranty, I guess I need to take to an authorized repair center, which would be in Dallas Texas. Can't do without an RMA number though.

Overall my experience with service has been very good.

Tom

Back