EHX Metal Muff Feedback?

srinivassa

Anyone else use this pedal? I'm using it as a dirty booster (dirty pedal into dirty amp), so I would expect some feedback. It seems insane though. My strings can be completely quiet/muted, and feedback will just leap out of the amp. It seems be be mostly mitigated by turning the Metal Muff into a clean booster (clean boost into dirty amp).

Is this normal? I have no way of knowing if I have a bad unit. Or can I just expect insane amounts of feedback as I dial up the distorion on the pedal while using the gain channel? Could be cabling also. I have a random mixture of patch cables since I redid my board. Old board did not produce nearly as much feedback, although still noticeable.

For completeness, I get no feedback with a dirty boost into a clean channel either.

using a pedal for distortion in to a non clean amp will give you nothing but feedback.

use it on the clean channel!

I have one, pretty decent pedal for a mesa boogie style sound, haven't really used it much though....one thing I know that may help your problem is check the setting on the top boost knob, if you are using the boost you will want to keep it set really low.

Back