Einstein and mega crunch.

sonic

I was thinking in buying a Herbert. I like wild roaring mega crunchy tones.
Then i saw the Einstein. Can this LITTLE amp, produce so heavy gain similar to those of the Vh4 or the herbert?
Please answer me with caution. I will spend my sweet ,money at the end of the week...

Constantine

It does have a ton of gain on tap but the sound is decidedly different.
It's a great amp!

I've owned one for a couple of years and moved to a Herbert as I had a need for the midi channel switching and I love the mid-cut.

:)

Honestly the einey can get very heavy. It's a different sound though. Herbie delivers the brutal liquid heavy polished love. Einey delivers raw in your face mega crunch love. To break it down the einey has some amazing upper mid range cut and the herbie is a bit more suited for a scooped sound. Not that with the proper settings and cabs either amp can't get into each other's territory.. I'd say listen to clips and see what you like or better yet play both. I have a clip I recorded of one of my fav heavy einey sounds.. : http://www.descried.net/images/music/soundcheck.mp3 : it's just an improv with simple drums for soundcheck in my decently humble studio. To me it shows one of einey's strengths (the mids). I can hook einey up to higher wattage speakers and eq some mids out and get more into herbie territory, buy nothing is gonna sound like a Herbert. I think you'd be happy with either one, but if you're looking for the mega Brutz save for herbie. If you like mid range character get einey. Sorry to ramble. I hope some of that helps.

PBGas":2scxalbp said:
It does have a ton of gain on tap but the sound is decidedly different.
It's a great amp!

:)

I'm an Einstein owner and I can get some great heavy tones.... BUT, I'm saving my cash for a Herbert as well. The tones between the two are very different. As soon as I played the Herbert I knew it had the 'brutal' tones that I've been looking for and is able to get great scooped sounds.

I was concerned about the 180watt rating of the Herbert as I spend time in the studio and small gigs and in the past have been warned for excessive db's at small venues using the Einstein. I was seriously impressed that yo can get some amazing tones from the Herbert at low/modertae levels too!

For what its worth - I'd 'invest' in a Herbert if I had the choice of only one... but play and listen to them if you can.

well i still dont know. I like the einstein clips i really do.
My problem is that i need the most brutal sound i can get. I dont care about much gain, but i want it brutal.
My biggest problem thought is me ego. I am the type of person that when i buy something i want it to be the highest end of the line. I want to have the best of a company, and that to my perception is the herbie.
I am not sure yet. I need to decide soon thought.
I dont like scooped sounds, that is a fact, but i need a sound that is razor sharp, cold and brutal.
That is herbie right? Or maybe vh4? Fuk i am confused...

sonic":3cjtnvge said:
well i still dont know. I like the einstein clips i really do.
My problem is that i need the most brutal sound i can get. I dont care about much gain, but i want it brutal.
My biggest problem thought is me ego. I am the type of person that when i buy something i want it to be the highest end of the line. I want to have the best of a company, and that to my perception is the herbie.
I am not sure yet. I need to decide soon thought.
I dont like scooped sounds, that is a fact, but i need a sound that is razor sharp, cold and brutal.
That is herbie right? Or maybe vh4? Fuk i am confused...

All diezels are the top of the line. They are all the best amps diezel makes for each thier own purpose and for each thier own sound. To buy an Einstein isn't buying the "lesser" Diezel. The other diezels don't do what the Einstein does as well as the Einstein does. From the way you're talking the VH4 or the Einstein would be better suited for you. Not that you'd be unhappy with any of them.... Anyways good luck.

Back