Einstein differences between Poweramp-Tubes

volkair

Hey there,

can anybody tell me something about differences between Poweramp-Tubes in the Einstein 100? I´m not going to change anything in my amp, for I have it only 10 days! But of course it offers me this possibility, and I´m just curious about that.

A friend told me latey, that he put KT88 in his 50 Watt Eini, and considers, that it would better cut through his band.
I haven´t had any problems with cutting through anything, if I would have, I just turn the Master, and will make an evil laugh from hell! :rock:

But I have some scratchy hights coming from my Frontloaded Diezel with V30, and I wonder if it´s from the EL34 or maybe the Speakers aren´t broken in yet.

When I run The Einstein through my old Orange Cab, you can hear the difference. It has G12H inside, you have to turn the Bass und Deep, to compensate the Body, but the Einstein kicks ass like hell! My Diezel cab has only been working for about 50 hours, not nearly 40 years! I think it might only could get better :thumbsup: (which does not mean anything worse on it!!!!)

I really love this heavy sound, but I sounds different fom mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zis1wX0Bocw

volkair":2xlpnmd1 said:
Hey there,

can anybody tell me something about differences between Poweramp-Tubes in the Einstein 100? I´m not going to change anything in my amp, for I have it only 10 days! But of course it offers me this possibility, and I´m just curious about that.

A friend told me latey, that he put KT88 in his 50 Watt Eini, and considers, that it would better cut through his band.
I haven´t had any problems with cutting through anything, if I would have, I just turn the Master, and will make an evil laugh from hell! :rock:

But I have some scratchy hights coming from my Frontloaded Diezel with V30, and I wonder if it´s from the EL34 or maybe the Speakers aren´t broken in yet.

When I run The Einstein through my old Orange Cab, you can hear the difference. It has G12H inside, you have to turn the Bass und Deep, to compensate the Body, but the Einstein kicks ass like hell! My Diezel cab has only been working for about 50 hours, not nearly 40 years! I think it might only could get better :thumbsup: (which does not mean anything worse on it!!!!)

I really love this heavy sound, but I sounds different fom mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zis1wX0Bocw

I can't comment on different type tubes, but I prefer papa's recommended ruby el34bht over the SED winged C tubes. They have a little 6L6 feel to them. Tubes won't drastically change your sound as much as a cab/speakers or a different guitar/pickup combo. V30s are pretty spikey in nature especially rearloaded. They break in and sound much much better in my opinion when they're old and worn in. (5+ years). To get that heavy sound you need post eq, low tuning (video is in B on a 7 string) I'm guessing active pickups and maybe some g12k100 celestions front loaded. Alot of people Love FL diezel cabs with half those and half v30s. They say it cuts down on the spikey highs and adds tight low end. The Einstein is an amazing amp. The most fun part is finding out what all sounds you can get with it by trying new combinations. Enjoy the amp man!!!

volkair":1279kujl said:
But I have some scratchy highs coming from my Frontloaded Diezel with V30, and I wonder if it´s from the EL34 or maybe the Speakers aren´t broken in yet.

+1

I have also a new Einy 100Watter and a 2x12 V30, since last December. Have replaced a pair of 6550 with TADEL34 (overheated tubes) and scratchy highs still here. I haven't use the cab at high levels for a long time, so I guess that I'll have to wait for my speakers to break in. Would appreciate a comment from "veteran" owners.

Profound":3pgl6m3p said:
volkair":3pgl6m3p said:
But I have some scratchy highs coming from my Frontloaded Diezel with V30, and I wonder if it´s from the EL34 or maybe the Speakers aren´t broken in yet.

+1

I have also a new Einy 100Watter and a 2x12 V30, since last December. Have replaced a pair of 6550 with TADEL34 (overheated tubes) and scratchy highs still here. I haven't use the cab at high levels for a long time, so I guess that I'll have to wait for my speakers to break in. Would appreciate a comment from "veteran" owners.

So of course I read this viewtopic.php?f=14&t=72007 and of course I know, that changing Tubes will not give me another Amp, but Hey, of course in fact I don´t want another. If we talk about all that Diezel Einstein Sound is 100 %, I am satisfied with about 98%! I played my 2. Gig yesterday and my Sound was awesome.
No problems with tightness or cutting throug or wathever, even this hights were´nt a problem, because in all my Band´s sound they went well.
It is the best Amp I ever played!

And audience agreed!

volkair":2shebadr said:
So of course I read this viewtopic.php?f=14&t=72007 and of course I know, that changing Tubes will not give me another Amp, but Hey, of course in fact I don´t want another. If we talk about all that Diezel Einstein Sound is 100 %, I am satisfied with about 98%! I played my 2. Gig yesterday and my Sound was awesome.
No problems with tightness or cutting throug or wathever, even this hights were´nt a problem, because in all my Band´s sound they went well.
It is the best Amp I ever played!

And audience agreed!

I have also tried the amp during rehearsals, as well as gigs and the last thing that did matter were the extra highs. Einstein is an outstanding amp and that's why we did bought it.
I'm just saying that when playing alone, I can hear the same thing as you do. And after changing tubes, these high frequencies were still there.
Look elsewhere if you want to fine tune your sound.

Hey Folks,
Do you have any experience with NOS Power Tubes, like Mullard XF2, 3 or 4?
I know they are very expensive :cry: , but have great tone and longer life :) .
Cheers,
Oz

Back