Einstein questions: Compensated out type / DI Box

Joe

Hi,

I have connected a 4x12 (16 Ohm) cab to the 16 Ohm speaker out of my Einstein 100W Top.

Q1) Is it possible to plug a DI Box (with cab emulation) to one of the unused speaker outs (8 Ohm or 4 Ohm) and go direct to the desk while using the 16 Ohm out for my 4x12 cab?

Q2) When I use the Einstein compensated out, do I need a DI Box (without cab emulation) or is this a balanced out already?

Thanks!
Joe

I use a Palmer ADIG, when needed. They are made in Germany :thumbsup: and good stuff. It has a throughput to from the head to the cab and a couple DI's to the board or monitors, wherever you want. They are about 600 bucks, but good stuff. Nothing dodgy about their gear. I usually mic recording but use them more live to run monitors and conserve PA horsepower :rock: .

Palmer Audio
http://www.palmeraudio.com (I think)

Steve

Thank your very much for this information, Steve! :rock:

But it don't answers my questions. ;)

Anyone?

Cheers
Joe

1) Einstein -> DI box (Palmer, H&K, behringer, . . .) -> Cab
2) hook it directly to your mixer/soundcard, no need to use 1) then

Eine Antwort auf meine Frage zu erwarten.

Mir ist das schon klar, wie wo man eine DI Box normalerweise anschließt. Ich wollte halt gerne wissen, ob man sie auch an einen der freien Speaker outs anschließen kann. Egal warum, ich wollte es einfach gerne wissen.

Ich bin aber schon sehr froh, dass Du mir mit der zweiten Frage helfen konntest und ich nun ohne DI Box direkt vom Einstein in den Mixer gehen kann. Danke.

Man kann das (wie von Dir vorgeschlagen) nur machen, wenn die DI-Box auch eine Last darstellt - und wenn das Ganze dann auch gematscht ist - Beispiel:

4x12" 8 Ohm an einen der 4 (!) Ohm Ausgänge
sowie am anderen 4 Ohm Ausgang eine 8 Ohm Palmer PGA04 oder PDI03, die jeweils auch einen Lastwiderstand haben.

Sonst NICHT !

Alles klar?

If you don't need the "attenuator" feature, among the others, Palmer PDI-09 is great little box (cheap as well). With one of the better speaker emulations out there.

Back