Einstein serial and parallel loop

sden

I use a TC Nova System with my Einstein Combo, up to now I had it in the serial loop and it works just fine.
But when I use the parallel loop it sounds awful almost like out-of-phase.
Has anyone any suggestions?

sden":3apbdv8j said:
I use a TC Nova System with my Einstein Combo, up to now I had it in the serial loop and it works just fine.
But when I use the parallel loop it sounds awful almost like out-of-phase.
Has anyone any suggestions?
I know that the Nova System doesn't have a "kill dry" function, meaning that even with the effect set 100% wet, you still get some dry signal mixed in with your wet effected signal. that is probably what is causing the phasing thing. I have the same problem with my dual rectifier's loop. :doh:

Thanks, yes, that seems to be the problem :doh:
Now I put a volume pedal in front of the Nova and just blend the effect if needed, but this is surely not optimal.

I have an Einstein combo and a TC Nova System.
I have tried the parallel loops on every Diezel I have owned, and decided to use the series loop instead.
I use a Goodrich volume pedal into a wah into a buffer and into the amp input.

I have NS in the series loop by itself and use only the effects for time based delays, pitch, boost, detune, compression, chorus, reverb, et. al.. I do not use the NS distortion effects.

I have extremely fine control over the way the NS blends with the Einstein this way. I had set up the NS originally as the manual suggested, pulling out a loop cable after making adjustments to get unity gain from each effect on the NS. Once I had the levels set for each effect, I only used enough of each available effect so that if I used every effect in a patch together, the sound of the amp would not be washed out so much by the effects, when all were engaged. Each effect sounds at a great level which does not over-power the amp tone but is easily distinguished. Each effect whether used alone or in any combination with any or all other effects still allows a clear and deciferable tone to come from the amp with no volume change, except when the boost is used.

I have the boost function set at 6 db boost, the compression is set just enough to hear the notes level out and the volume remains the same whether the compression is on or off. It compresses, but is not squashing the notes. The sustain the compressor offers is just enough for doing country picking, chording, or along with the saturation from the amp, to smooth out an already smooth saturation the amp offers, but give a different tonal effect and feel to the way the amp responds.

By running my volume pedal first, I can shut down any spill-over from a delay, if desired.

I have the patches set up in a pedalboard format, and have only needed three different patches so far, after two years of use in a commercial band. Most of the effects are similar from patch to patch with maybe just a bit of tweaking, but the delays are what is different and a slight difference in the chorusing and pitch effects to add some extra depth or swirl without conjesting the sound from the amp.

The buffer makes the sound from the guitar come to the amp input without any coloration or change from just plugging straight into the amp with a guitar.

I am using a Pedal Snake for my hookups, and have noticed how neutral sounding the wiring is AND it allows me to use less cables for the hookup and set up and take down in under five minutes every time.
http://www.pedalsnake.com/osCommerce/ca ... Path=21_23

I believe that if set up correctly, a series loop would be indestinguishable from a parallel loop and still allow all the signal to come through in a studio-quality manner. To use a prallel loop, all of the signal from the NS would have to be on full wet, and I have found this to be really finicky for making adjustments, which is why I have used the series loop with so much control and success.

I hope this helps you out.

I also have a NS for my B setup, and I find it extremely clean and transparent, no concerns to use in the serial loop. IMO the paralel loop shows its advantages only if your FX unit is colouring the dry tone too much, which, again, I find is not the case with the NS.

Back