EL34-BG in the Herbert (and other Diezel models)

Jens Kruse

I have been getting PM's and e-mails regarding the new Ruby EL34-BG type in Herberts and what they sound like compared to other types like the BHT.

Everything I am writing below is subjective !

The first models I retubed the brand new BGs with were VH4 amps and I loved the improved tonality. The past 2 weeks a have retubed several Herberts as well and great improvements here as well:

Tighter, more defined mids, more articulate pick attack and "whipping" response when picking with fingers. The harmonics the tube produces surpasses any other EL34 type I have heard or played.

My verdict so far: this tube sounds like a winner to me. I am only installing the BGs right now. To me they sound much better in the Hagen (I swapped tube type to hear difference), as well as in the VH4 and Herbert. Next, I will install and test them in the Schmidt and Einstein.

For any questions please feel free to ask.

Kind regards,

Jens Kruse

I Just retubed my Diezel Herbert with the new Ruby EL34BG tubes, and all I can say is WOW! Jens from DIEZEL US hooked me up with a preamplifier tube set and a sextet of the power tubes, fast service, great communication, and as he stated, phenomenal tubes. My amp is a 2005 model, so it was time for a tube change, I had heard about these Ruby BG tubes that had some input design from Peter DIEZEL, my amp now sounds bigger and fatter tone wise than ever. I highly recommend these for your Herbert. I want to thank both Peter Diezel and Peter Stapfer as well as Jens Kruse. All top notch. Thanks

Larry Gunn

Back