Eliminate EVH 515OIII 5O-watt 6L6 hum?

MXR is one of the oldest, most reliable and best pedal producers in existence.

I'll stick with them.
he's just trying to help ya bud. the isp is WAY better and will do up front and the loop. ive tried that mxr gate on a 5150 and returned it the same day. every 5150 variant ive had has been a noisy mother.

he's just trying to help ya bud. the isp is WAY better and will do up front and the loop. ive tried that mxr gate on a 5150 and returned it the same day. every 5150 variant ive had has been a noisy mother.
I may have to give them a try.
If you're hocking the ISP DECIMATOR, how is the DECIMATOR Pro Rack G?

One of the reasons I am interested in the MXR is it's rack mounted form factor. I would like to reserve my drawer for Effects pedals and the rack for ulities, keeping the noise gate in the rack is beneficial to my rig's organization...

Is the DECIMATOR Pro Rack G good?

Too bad they ain't worth a shit.
MXR are the best pedals on the market.

I'll try other pedals. But 99 times out of 100 MXR has the top pedal for the effect in question.

Are their utility pedals/units (like noise gates) the top of the line? Perhaps, perhaps not... but their effects pedals beat out every other competetor. It's why almost every musician branded effect pedal is made by MXR or DUNLOP. Pro musicians don't put their names on junk, they only put their names on quality and superiority.

DUNLOP
Buddy Guy
Eddie Van Halen
Gary Clark Jr.
Jerry Cantrell
Joe Bonamassa
Justin Chancellor
Kirk Hammett
Leo Nocentelli
Slash

MXR
Dimebag Darrell
Eddie Van Halen
Eric Gales
Green Day
ILoveDust
Slash
(even that HACK) Tom Morello

All endorse DUNLOP and MXR and lend their names to the products (sure, for a big fat check, but also their) superior build, sound and durability. Even Jimi Hendrix has pedals produced by these companies as well. I doubt his very valuable estate would have sold the rights to produce pedals with his name on them if they weren't the best-of-the-best.

DUNLOP and MXR are the best effects pedals in existence today. To deny these facts makes you a fool.

I Use a fortin Zuul on everything and works for me, including my 5150 III stealth. Pedal has two separate inputs and outputs so you can do the loop and in the front at the same time.

If it doesn’t get solved with a noise gate that’s able to be put in front and in the loop simultaneously it’s either microphonic tube, your wireless system, or your power is shit. Which a power conditioner would solve. Can be tested by plugging in at another spot you jam at.

MXR are the best pedals on the market.

I'll try other pedals. But 99 times out of 100 MXR has the top pedal for the effect in question.

Are their utility pedals/units (like noise gates) the top of the line? Perhaps, perhaps not... but their effects pedals beat out every other competetor. It's why almost every musician branded effect pedal is made by MXR or DUNLOP. Pro musicians don't put their names on junk, they only put their names on quality and superiority.

DUNLOP
Buddy Guy
Eddie Van Halen
Gary Clark Jr.
Jerry Cantrell
Joe Bonamassa
Justin Chancellor
Kirk Hammett
Leo Nocentelli
Slash

MXR
Dimebag Darrell
Eddie Van Halen
Eric Gales
Green Day
ILoveDust
Slash
(even that HACK) Tom Morello

All endorse DUNLOP and MXR and lend their names to the products (sure, for a big fat check, but also their) superior build, sound and durability. Even Jimi Hendrix has pedals produced by these companies as well. I doubt his very valuable estate would have sold the rights to produce pedals with his name on them if they weren't the best-of-the-best.

DUNLOP and MXR are the best effects pedals in existence today. To deny these facts makes you a fool.
I have several MXR pedals, they are great pedals. Except the Smart Gate, that's the pedal I was referring to. It's nowhere near as good as the ISP Decimator, not even as good as an NS-2.

There's a difference between a Gate and a Suppressor.

Get an ISP, or throw the EVH on Ebay. My choice would be the latter..

I built 3 Zuul clones and have a NS-2, and they have all worked great with the 5153 50w. My rack units like Rocktron and Fractal with gates have worked well also.

I built 3 Zuul clones and have a NS-2, and they have all worked great with the 5153 50w. My rack units like Rocktron and Fractal with gates have worked well also.
Is Zuul a supressor or gate?

Just FYI the ISP Decimator G-String has 4 inputs and didn't do anything to help me. The REVV is a gate and has worked wonders. For me though it is frustrating with trying to figure out why some people have overly loud 5150-III amps and some don't. I shouldn't hear noise when my clean channel is on but I do. It is nuts.

Just FYI the ISP Decimator G-String has 4 inputs and didn't do anything to help me. The REVV is a gate and has worked wonders. For me though it is frustrating with trying to figure out why some people have overly loud 5150-III amps and some don't. I shouldn't hear noise when my clean channel is on but I do. It is nuts.
It is more of a suppressor. Many of the newer noise reduction pedals use the THAT Dynamics Processor IC chips.

It’s the gate taken out of the Kerry king amp. Tons of companies are just following suit and copying it. Seems to be the case with most fortin stuff. 33 is the tc electronics, etc.

I wonder if I should try a suppressor? The gate just cuts the sound and maybe a suppressor is better for the 5150-III noise.
I think the REVV is based on the same THAT Dynamics Processor IC that the Zuul is based on. Many of the newer noise pedals are. It is basically a fast downward expander that rolls the volume up and down quickly dynamically.

I wonder if I should try a suppressor? The gate just cuts the sound and maybe a suppressor is better for the 5150-III noise.
I will say I cant use the key input on any of my clones I built. It makes it way over sensitive and choppy. They work just fine in the loop with no key input. The one I use the most is actually a modified version where I added some extra range knobs to it so it can be dialed in better.

I will say I cant use the key input on any of my clones I built. It makes it way over sensitive and choppy. They work just fine in the loop with no key input. The one I use the most is actually a modified version where I added some extra range knobs to it so it can be dialed in better.
I have a Zuul mini. Key input works great. All my rigs are silent.

Back