Elmwood Cabs

From what I can see they sure look front loaded,go to user picks I think it's the next one after rareguitars pics shows a cab I think jose at rebel amps told that they are front loaded.

when i purchased my elmwood 212...i was told the elmwood cabs were all designed with front loaded speakers. it really does make a difference in the tone...and after having rear loaded cabs...my modena sounds the best with a front loaded cab!!!

Found a 4x12 straight through a dealer in Germany. Anyway, it is front loaded (you can see in the pic) with V30's and is on its way once the wire transfer hits. I was looking to get another front loaded Diezel, but they seem to be backed up in the Diezel-town cab shop.

Steve

Attachments

• N_4x12_straight.jpg
    N_4x12_straight.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 492
Hard&Heavy":1qch53n1 said:
Let us know which you like better the elmo cab or the diezel cab. Because I almost bought some myself.

I will pop a speaker out of the front and check too how it is baffled inside. Sweden vs. Germany on cab construction....

Steve
:m17:

Man, I can imagine buying a cabinet for you must cost as much as buying an amp for us. You should just find a local master & order one built from an exotic wood. :rock:

nbarts":99uev9yp said:
Man, I can imagine buying a cabinet for you must cost as much as buying an amp for us. You should just find a local master & order one built from an exotic wood. :rock:

Sometimes its a pain in the ass and shipping from the US isn't cheap. I use a carrier called Aramex which is NYC. They fly here and loads of other places a couple times a week. Way cheaper than UPS or FedEx. My VH4 came straight from the Diezel HQ cause Peter switched it to 110V for me. Otherwise I got the other heads from the US. Generally, if it is built in Europe, I can buy and get stuff down here pretty reasonably. Look for US made guitars or amps in Europe and get ready to drop your drawers :shocked: . They don't even use vaseline. I also have an Aramex drop box in the UK, so cabs and other dumb iron I would get in Europe. Guitars and other electronics direct from the States. I don't pay any duties either, so no problem there. The biggest problem is not being able to walk into a store and demo anything. So, I rely on people like you, a few others and honest guys like Rob at Tone Merchants that aren't just out to make a buck but make sure I get what I want. So far, so good.

Steve

Back