ENGL Fireball 25 "Lunchbox" amp

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27494

Has anyone here ever played through an ENGL Fireball 25? I really love mine. I've had it for a year or so now. It's probably the best "lunchbox" amp out there for metal, at least if you want more headroom. The 6L6 power section helps with that for sure. However, it's very versatile too. The cleans are great and you can crank the clean channel up for a very nice overdrive too. The mid-boost is great for solos and crunch tones.

I'm very curious what you guys think of this amp... Here's a little demo and review I did to showcase some tones and the features as well:

Ive owned the Fireball 100 and played the 25 and it’s such a great amp. I think something that’s overlooked with the small ENGL amps is the internal reactive load. This amp can be run without a speaker as a direct out for recording. It also has adjustable wattage. Between the tone and these options, it’s a killer.

Jon, sorry to change the subject but I’ve watched possibly all of your videos and see that you’re an Orange fanatic. I have a Rockerverb 50 MK3 but am very intrigued with the Dual Dark. They are hard to come by and marked up terribly in the used market. Have you played one and what was your impression if you have? If I can boost the Rockerverb to get the same exact tones, I don’t want to invest in a dual dark. Thanks!

Jon, sorry to change the subject but I’ve watched possibly all of your videos and see that you’re an Orange fanatic. I have a Rockerverb 50 MK3 but am very intrigued with the Dual Dark. They are hard to come by and marked up terribly in the used market. Have you played one and what was your impression if you have? If I can boost the Rockerverb to get the same exact tones, I don’t want to invest in a dual dark. Thanks!

I have never tried one but they seem to be awesome! I expect them to sound very similar to the Dark Terror and TH30 but with more headroom and more shaping options on the channel with the 3 band EQ. The Rockerverb sounds quite different tbh. If you're really into that tone and can't find a Dual Dark, I'd recommend looking into the TH30 (or TH100) or the Dark Terror if you don't need it to go super loud. Hope that helps mate! :)

I have never tried one but they seem to be awesome! I expect them to sound very similar to the Dark Terror and TH30 but with more headroom and more shaping options on the channel with the 3 band EQ. The Rockerverb sounds quite different tbh. If you're really into that tone and can't find a Dual Dark, I'd recommend looking into the TH30 (or TH100) or the Dark Terror if you don't need it to go super loud. Hope that helps mate! :)
I definitely like the Orange “flavor”. With all of the non-descript amp names, I don’t know which of them are suited for high gain/metal. I’ve assumed that the Rockerverb and Dark series amps were the heaviest. How does the TH series or the other series match up as far as heaviness suited for metal?

I have been thinking of this amp. would love to try one....but I also would have to buy a cab....kinda don't want to do that. haha

Jon, what are your thoughts on how it sounds vs the 100 watt version? Have you been in a situation where you could really open them up loud through a cab to see how they compare at painful volumes?

Jon, what are your thoughts on how it sounds vs the 100 watt version? Have you been in a situation where you could really open them up loud through a cab to see how they compare at painful volumes?

I still need to compare them side by side. I only crank my amps up loud through my loadbox tbh.

Seems like they fixed the issues I had with the fireball 60, which had the most sterile clean I have ever heard and a very compressed gain channel, was pretty much only good for the tones you were going for at the end of the video. It lived up to its name the fireball 60, but lacked the versatility I was looking for.

Was really impressed with the clean channel on the fireball 25, but doesn’t seem like sparkly cleans or even edge of breakup are available. However, a lot of nice crunch and low gain options.

I must say as well that in my neck of the woods Engl amps are rare as can be.

It can do sparkly cleans or edge of breakup quite well tbh.
Indeed it does. I love mine. Though I play all-out metal and live on the lead channel. It sounds massive for a little amp. Has tons of low end through my 4x12, which smaller amps/smaller transformers typically don't dish out. It's a killer little amp.

Back