Engl Gigmaster 15 demo - 15 watt amp

carl roa

Did a demo for the little Engl Gigmaster 15. Very cool little amp ... 15 wats, with a power soak that can get you to 5 watts or 1 watt. Two channels with a shared EQ. Really a great amp for smaller gigs, rehearsals, or the practice room.

threadkiller":1x0ivg20 said:
You make anything sound good. Having said that, a little too fizzy for me.

Yep, that was one of the reason I gave it back.

I have high hopes for a H6K TubeMeister 18 though!
After testing it at Musikmesse :thumbsup:

I saw it on the Engl facebook page. You posted it at the same time as I posted my metal gigmaster video.

You're playing and sound is awesome! big props to you!

Very nice. I have the head, and after pre tube experimenting, It is much less fizzy and sounds good to me. the only thing I don't like is the shared eq

Ola Englund":1hgb030w said:
I saw it on the Engl facebook page. You posted it at the same time as I posted my metal gigmaster video.

You're playing and sound is awesome! big props to you!

Thanks Ola! Enjoyed your demo as well! Killer playing!

Audioholic":431ezoiv said:
Very nice. I have the head, and after pre tube experimenting, It is much less fizzy and sounds good to me. the only thing I don't like is the shared eq

My Blackmore amp also has the shared EQ ... I've been able to dial it in ... although for my main rig, I will be running an Xotic RC pedal to further EQ the cleans. What pre tubes did you load into the Gigmaster? How did it effect the tone?

Ola and Carl I hate you both! :D (joking) Great clips guys and not helping with my GAS right now...

carl roa":1mrhm8bx said:
Audioholic":1mrhm8bx said:

My Blackmore amp also has the shared EQ ... I've been able to dial it in ... although for my main rig, I will be running an Xotic RC pedal to further EQ the cleans. What pre tubes did you load into the Gigmaster? How did it effect the tone?

After trying a few combinations I think I settled with a tung sol in the pre, which is usually my go to preamp tube, and Gold Lion Power Tubes. I think the Gold lion power tubes helped to add more of a better breakup sound, lose a little of that sterility I thought I heard with stock tubes. Overall just a tad more pleasing breakup and more refined. But that is just what I heard through my setup.

I don't mind the shared eq, but at least through my cab, when playing louder, the clean channel seems to have more bass then when switching over to the lead. I would prefer to have at least another bass eq for the lead so I can dial in some more thump. But if I am just dialing in each channel by themselves, I don't mind.

Great sounding amp to me though.

Back