Engl Steve Morse Head Users.

Darrcooper

Just bought one of these today..i collect it on sunday..

i know alot of engl users like the amps for there brutality..

but what else do they do?....are there alot of cool tones in the head?

i got the head and a V30 loaded 2x12 engl cab for a killer price that i couldn't turn down...i could easily flip it for the same money if i dont like it..

just wanted to know what these are capable of...?

Darren

I don't own it, but it's my favorite ENGL amp BY FAR !! :rock: :rock:

With the mids options you can dial in so much cool tones !!!! And it's not too compressed, but not too open. I can't really describe it, but it's pretty cool to me.

I used to own one, its an awesome amp. The mid matrix feature really kicks ass, it opens up so many different tonal options. Channel 2 really rocks for the whole modded marshall type sound. That was probably my favorite sound from the amp when I had it

spawnofthesith":1doqjxy6 said:
I used to own one, its an awesome amp. The mid matrix feature really kicks ass, it opens up so many different tonal options. Channel 2 really rocks for the whole modded marshall type sound. That was probably my favorite sound from the amp when I had it

The mooded marshall type tones on channel 2 sound just my thing!!... :rock:

stefvorcide":1doqjxy6 said:
I don't own it, but it's my favorite ENGL amp BY FAR !! :rock: :rock:

With the mids options you can dial in so much cool tones !!!! And it's not too compressed, but not too open. I can't really describe it, but it's pretty cool to me.

ZOMBIELAND":1doqjxy6 said:
I used to own one and it was nice, theres alot it can do.

Thanks for the replys guys!!... :thumbsup:

anyone else have any opinions?

Darren

This review is quite extensive. In German, though.
(And unfortunately the low end is overdriving the mic)

ke2":10u2alup said:
This review is quite extensive. In German, though.
(And unfortunately the low end is overdriving the mic)

I saw this clip yesterday..only decent one i could find!!...pity i couldn't understand a word he was saying!!... :( :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks man.. :thumbsup:

Darren

Had mine for about ten days. Super versatile. Not necessarily a low volume amp - everything just a little buzzy at low volumes (master volume at <2, but as soon as you bring that volume up, what awesome tones this baby has - way before any power tube saturation - then it gets even better. Truly NOT a bedroom amp, but even does that in a cool way. Pretty high on it right now. Footswitch, and/or separate MIDI controller needed - that's what I do, easy to program.

Back