Engl Steve Morse Signature doing plexi

fretmaster

IMHO, this is the best amp Engl has ever made and it one of the most under rated amplifiers out there for tone, versatility and build quality. The signal chain is a Knaggs Kenai w/ Seymour Duncan 59's straight into the head. There is a Vox Time Machine delay and Holy Grail reverb in the loop. The cabinet is a 16 ohm, Bogner over-sized, closed back, 2x12 loaded with British, Celestion Vintage 30's. The camera was simply my Samsung Note 4 cell phone propped up on my morning coffee cup. Not the most high tech rig, but good enough to give some idea - I hope. Thanks for listening. BTW...all clams and wanking so please don't hate on me. :doh: :rock:

-I'm of the belief that the simpler they are, the better they sound, especially in amps-(great amp, great tone)-

sg guy":vtmntg9f said:
-I'm of the belief that the simpler they are, the better they sound, especially in amps-(great amp, great tone)-
Guess this puppy defies that logic then. :LOL: :LOL:

(have you *seen* the amount of knobs and switches on this thing?...and this is coming from an Invader owner).

Actually Steve Morse just sets all the eq knobs at 6 and the tone was fantastic. I was lucky enough to witness him do this in person.

Speeddemon":15ldsfiw said:
sg guy":15ldsfiw said:
Guess this puppy defies that logic then. :LOL: :LOL:

(have you *seen* the amount of knobs and switches on this thing?...and this is coming from an Invader owner).

-you got me, still had the Blackmore Sig in my feeble brain-

Jdguitar":2pgnu7js said:
Actually Steve Morse just sets all the eq knobs at 6 and the tone was fantastic. I was lucky enough to witness him do this in person.

And when you add the fact that that's just the tip of the iceberg of tones and feels this amp can produce it's truly aw-inspiring. I have numerous other highly sought after boutiquers, yet I find still myself dumbstruck by what this amp can do every time I play it. I've owned it for years now and it has seen a lot of great amps come and go from my tone room - it remains.

Nice playing and tone man. Really have to give an Engl a try, almost pulled the trigger on an Artist a few months back.

I got one in trade a while back. It can do anything you want. Great master on it too. Really easy to set up even with sll the knobs and channels...

motorboy1":z4hfn00j said:
I got one in trade a while back. It can do anything you want. Great master on it too. Really easy to set up even with sll the knobs and channels...

Yes! Amazingly good masters and incredibly transparent FX loops too. It's the perfect gigging platform.

motorboy1":3pb9fi79 said:
I got one in trade a while back. It can do anything you want...
How heavy can it get? Can it do metal's darker side well? (Most Engls seem bred for brootalz)

metalsoup":2g70g13c said:
motorboy1":2g70g13c said:
I got one in trade a while back. It can do anything you want...
How heavy can it get? Can it do metal's darker side well? (Most Engls seem bred for brootalz)

I would say, probably, but since that's not really my thing I'm probably not the best judge of that. If death core, or the like is your thing there are probably more modern sounding Engl's better suited for that. FWIW, my son who plays Periphery, Animals as Leaders, August Burns Red, Avenged Seven Fold, etc. has dialed the Morse in to his liking on numerous occasions, so it must not do too bad at those tones.

I went to great lengths to get my hands on one of these once I heard it. The mid control matrix is INSANE!! So much so that I use channel three as my rhythm and channel two is my setup for boosted leads.

Back