Attachments

• Splash-02.jpg
    Splash-02.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 1,668
nighttrain69":1rgtarj7 said:
Beyond Black":1rgtarj7 said:
Joe Bonamassa gets an Epiphone and Chad Kroeger get a Gibson. :doh: :doh: :doh:
yea thats kind of ass backwards isnt it :doh: like wiping before you poop

Not really...consider it from Gibson's point of view. J.B. has or had a Gibson and Nickleback is a lot more commercially successful than Joe. That translates to more guitars sold. Personally, I would never buy a Nickelback guitar and would love J.B.'s Gibson, but I can understand it.

DEWD":3v3yjxxn said:
Shark Diver":3v3yjxxn said:
Love mine, Gibson that is. :D

JoeBonamassaLP.jpg
I looked at the gibson last year, isn't it chambered?

Yes, it is weight relieved. I like it. (I still would like to get a solid body older LP.) I changed the pups to BK's Cold Sweats. It is very alive and resonant. I use 12s, and i think the sustain will out live me. :thumbsup:

briango2000":11gd1d12 said:
Too bad Epiphone can't loose that fugly headstock.
Exactly! I bought an Epiphone Les Paul Tribute guitar and love it - except for the damn headstock shape. It's similar to the JB Epi in that it has a lot of Gibson pieces and parts (solid mahogany, long-tenon (deep-set) neck joint, Gibson '57 Classic / Classic Plus 4-wire pickups with push/pull pots, Switchcraft pickup selector and jack, Mallory tone caps, Grover locking tuners, etc.) all for $800. If I didn't have the Tribute, I'd be all over the JB model Epi. I've always wanted a Gold Top, but can't justify the price of a Gibson LP with my feeble skills...

DEWD":l7ms68xq said:
Long tenon, solid body, maple top, grovers, burstbuckers, gold top, black back, 50's neck, hard case, etc for $699. The mismatched knobs are kind of dumb but that is an easy fix. This guitar is more appealing to me than just about every USA Gibson. :confused:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electri ... ldtop.aspx

Did you see one of the comments on that link? "I'll take the guitar without the autograph, thank you. "
:LOL: :LOL: It already has Les Paul's autograph on the guitar.

This guitar does look pretty cool, but I would have to try the neck, generally like the 60's necks over the 50's necks....

pretty sexy..you can do much MUCH worse than an epiphone these days...got my ultra at a stupid price and once I switched the pickups it's the guitar I tend to play the most...

briango2000":gt8via62 said:
Too bad Epiphone can't loose that fugly headstock.

Remember back in the day, Epiphone used a Gibson "open-book" top headstock too, but it was just upside down. Like this:

epiphone%20les%20paul%20guitar-130281704866756182.jpg

WHY can't they just use that instead???????

bigdaddyd":36xel6cw said:
nighttrain69":36xel6cw said:
Beyond Black":36xel6cw said:
Joe Bonamassa gets an Epiphone and Chad Kroeger get a Gibson. :doh: :doh: :doh:
yea thats kind of ass backwards isnt it :doh: like wiping before you poop

Not really...consider it from Gibson's point of view. J.B. has or had a Gibson and Nickleback is a lot more commercially successful than Joe. That translates to more guitars sold. Personally, I would never buy a Nickelback guitar and would love J.B.'s Gibson, but I can understand it.
i understand from there corporate side, my musician side says jb gets the gibson :LOL: :LOL:

Back