Epiphone Wino Review

mystixboi

A friend of mine made this video a couple weeks back. I think it sounds fantastic. I might be biased but I think this is the best sounding demo of this guitar on youtube

Buddy of mine got the new AJ LP Standard a few weeks back and received it with the most blatant, atrocious scratches on the fret board. So now it has cost him out of his pocket to send it to Gibson for them to fix it and ship it back. GC will not do anything for him since its a "limited edition" model :rolleyes: Gibson QC still sucks ass

Oh wow. That’s unfortunate. What were the issues?
Decent size dent on the top edge. Multiple scratches in the finish, overly excessive imo. Had to take the input jack apart and mess with it a bit because as it was, I couldn't get a guitar cable to go in at first. There were a few small cracks in the ebony, but not horrible, still just all added up and bothered me.

Decent size dent on the top edge. Multiple scratches in the finish, overly excessive imo. Had to take the input jack apart and mess with it a bit because as it was, I couldn't get a guitar cable to go in at first. There were a few small cracks in the ebony, but not horrible, still just all added up and bothered me.

wtf?!?!!? that's a bummer man. What a let down

Last edited:
Buddy of mine got the new AJ LP Standard a few weeks back and received it with the most blatant, atrocious scratches on the fret board. So now it has cost him out of his pocket to send it to Gibson for them to fix it and ship it back. GC will not do anything for him since its a "limited edition" model :rolleyes: Gibson QC still sucks ass
And some people here still thinks that Gibson is some kind of an untouchable inca thing that always means quality. 🙃

My Epi wino is friggin EXCELLENT. And this comes from a guy who's owned Gibson Reissues, Standards, Classics etc. I've got six LPs right now and this Epi JJ hangs right there with my other current favorite... my new 50s Standard gold top. The fit & finish are flawless, as is the action and tone. It reminds me of a Gibby Slash in terms of its tight sound. I had a Slash in the studio for a while and they really feel and sound similar to my ears. I've had enough American LPs that an Epi would normally be something that I would gush about. But an awesome guitar is an awesome guitar! Two thumbs up from me! (y)(y):p

Mine is fantastic! The frets need a little polishing (which I'll do when I change strings), but that is LITERALLY all I can even think of that was less than stellar.

Back