euro interview, Gearspot

Can you translate please!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Congrats!! You're becoming a big rock star before our eyes!! Or should I say GUITAR GOD!! :m17: :rawk: :rock: You deserve it. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!!

gbsmusic":3l8wuasc said:
Can you translate please!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Google rulez :D

Andy Wood calls himself a "good ole Southern boy" who played a bluegrass mandolin when he was growing up. Others would rather him a rock and fusion-shredding virtuoso call. He is best known for his Suhr demos and his band Down From Up. He was the best out of a small 3500 candidates who took part in the contest Guitarmageddon guitar and has been since its eighteenth session musician and a sought gear nerd.

You are here mainly known through the Internet and iTunes. It is a completely new way of focusing on musicians compared to previous generations.

Andy Wood: Yes, I love it. The Internet is such a useful medium for musicians. It seems like every day I discover new musicians and new gear. It has really changed my life for so many great guitarists know and even friends to get many of them. And all through a screen and a keyboard. We live in a beautiful "age of technology" and it is great that the guitar and music has brought so close together.

Your musical youth consisted primarily of bluegrass and country. How did you become interested in fusion and shred?

AW: When I was young, my grandfather took my cousin and me to a strict musical diet of bluegrass artists as Tony Rice, Bill Monroe and Flatt & Scruggs. So I lost interest in acoustic jazz and the "newgrass" such as Sam Bush, Bela Fleck and Marc O'Connor. On my eighteenth I discovered the electric guitar by ripping a solo on Telecaster king Brent Mason's Marc O'Connor New Nashville Cats. I was suddenly completely under the spell of chicken pickin '. Later I heard Steve Morse, Eric Johnson, Steve Vai, Eddie Van Halen and all other standard rock and shred again and I was blown away. From that point, I am non-stop growth. For me playing guitar still new because I much later than many others have started to shred and fusion playing. Shortly after I lost interest in rock, I founded Down From Up, and the band I play still. It is and remains my main occupation. This year starts well for us, we go on tour with Drowning Pool and Sevendust in February and we will record a new album when we return from the tour.

You have endorsements with brands such as Suhr Guitars, Tom Anderson Guitars, Amplification Diezel, which marks ... Why? What is the value of these instruments for you?

AW: The John Suhr guitars are absolutely fantastic. This company really builds quality guitars. Their 24-fret model, the Modern, I use in almost any situation. Ed Yoon (Suhr marketing boss) showed me a half years ago for the first time since then is contacted and the endorsements and what the discovery of new gear arrangements in accordance with a snowball effect. My guitar is also for me the most important part of my chain. The Suhr Modern feel with my specifications and sounds exactly as I want. I'm with John on a switching system for pickups my guitars spent. John calls it the "redneck-mod". It is a push-pull on the tone button so I very Tele-like sound from a typical rock-and-fusion setup, namely two humbuckers and a five-way switch, can achieve. On the website you can Suhr also the exact specifications of my guitars download. I believe that starting with a fantastic tool, all you need do is make it louder.

In terms of amps I use the Diezel Herbert Diezel Einstein and the preparation for most applications. I think the ease of the controls on the front panel and MIDI options in addition to sound very big plus points of my Diezel. From the first time I played a Herbert I loved the sound and feel of the amplifier. Since then there has always been a place for my setup. In 2011 there are also some surprises from what I'm doing. I may not say anything but keep an eye ... For studio work and clinics, I love the Suhr Badger 18W combos. That thing really eats pedals, great amp.

For my effects I have a TC Electronic G-System. What a good piece of material that! I use the 4 cable method so I can use some pedals. What that are constantly changing, but the Suhr Shiba Drive, the X-Otic BB Preamp, the MXR EVH Phase 90 and a compressor are usually in. I have so much that I like alternate compressors. And of course TC excellence delays, reverbs and other time-based effects in the G-System installed.

Peter Diezel":2q2b6flh said:
It´s Dutch :gethim: :gethim: :gethim:

Thanks Andy :thumbsup:
Many languages Peter... Belgium has 3 official languages: Dutch, French and German (minority)
Most of us speak some English too...

And we would like to thank Andy for the effort he put into it!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Unfortunately my English is bad, my Japanese is
terrible, my German is not perfect and Dutch is
far away.

:D

Peter Diezel":1unscim8 said:
Unfortunately my English is bad, my Japanese is
terrible, my German is not perfect and Dutch is
far away.

:D
In any language your amps RULE!!!!! :rock:

Back