Eurotubes bias probe

mbman":25d9mxby said:
Does anyone here have any experience with Eurotubes Pro One bias probe? TIA

Martin

Yes, I have one and have used it on both of my EL34 amps and on my 5881s in my SLO. It has been an outstanding bias probe and worth every penny! It makes the job much easier and honestly safer as well.

I have the basic bias probe from them and it works great for $25. The Pro One looks cool since it shows the plate voltage but is that worth the extra $75? It says - "Unlike other bias probes the "Pro One” Bias Probe is designed to allow you to play the amp while the probe is installed. So adjust, play, adjust and dial your amp in!". Not sure what that's about, I play my amp with the regular probe plugged in while setting the bias.

I use the regular probe from eurotubes and think its worth the $25. I've used it for years and think its a solid piece. I doubt I would drop 75 on the fancy one. I use the normal probe, get a reading on all my tubes and then go back and set bias, then I remove the probe and adjust the pot a little while playing the amp to find the tone I'm used to. Just my method but whatever works for you.

it is good, the only issue i have run into is that it would not work on my 20th Shiva... i believe a DC power issue

Thanks for the input guys, I was gonna get the Compu-bias but it sounds like the ET probe is a solid unit and will save me some coin :)

Martin

Back