N
nightlight
Well-known member
I'm working furiously on improving the quality of my recordings before I release (hopefully) my debut album, so as usual, all feedback is welcome.
One thing I've reconciled myself to is that it's going to be impossible for me to use a tube amp and cab at home. While I might get away with it, it's sure to cause some grumbling from the neighbours. I also don't feel it's going to be the best tones in a situation where I leave the volume so low that it neuters the amp tones.
Another thing that I'm looking into is the best possible plugins for my guitar tones. I have a few from Neural DSP - namely the Gojira, Nolly, Fortin NTS and Soldano plugins - but I also have access to Genome 2.0, which allows me to play NAM A2 profiles.
In that regard, while I really like NAM as well as the Quad Cortex, I'm not married to either option. Does it make sense to quad track with both options? I think it does, but not sure. Would it be better to just stick with one amp, or mix and match when quad tracking?
One thing I've reconciled myself to is that it's going to be impossible for me to use a tube amp and cab at home. While I might get away with it, it's sure to cause some grumbling from the neighbours. I also don't feel it's going to be the best tones in a situation where I leave the volume so low that it neuters the amp tones.
Another thing that I'm looking into is the best possible plugins for my guitar tones. I have a few from Neural DSP - namely the Gojira, Nolly, Fortin NTS and Soldano plugins - but I also have access to Genome 2.0, which allows me to play NAM A2 profiles.
In that regard, while I really like NAM as well as the Quad Cortex, I'm not married to either option. Does it make sense to quad track with both options? I think it does, but not sure. Would it be better to just stick with one amp, or mix and match when quad tracking?