EVH isn't really your cup of tea....

tubortski

Flaunt your rigs. Anti-brown sound. Let's get cultured. Don't care what genre of music.

I'm looking at you, guy who plays a $200 guitar into a DS-1, into a Crate, and get's a killer tone. Frack you haters... :gethim:

tubortski":2x6pwe07 said:
Flaunt your rigs. Anti-brown sound. Let's get cultured. Don't care what genre of music.

I'm looking at you, guy who plays a $200 guitar into a DS-1, into a Crate, and get's a killer tone. Frack you haters... :gethim:
I can't get any pics loaded right now but even though I have 2 EVH 3 ' s I also have an Ibanez TBX 150H solid state head running into a gutted Celestion and Mojotone loaded 4×12" cab, I have a Modtone "High Gainer" pedal running into frontend of the Ibanez on the clean channel and the sound just absolutely will blow you away ! It's amazing how real tubey it sounds and acts/feels, the tone is amazing,hard to believe it's solid state..got $150 in the head and Modtone pedal.

That's what I'm talkin about. More playin, less spendin. I'm on a old-school trip and want to see what you guys are doing. Don't get me wrong, I've been gassing for Bogner and Friedman but those days are gone...

You said Helmet and Malcolm in the same post. I'm paying attention.

F yeah... Where is Bubbastain when you need him... Peavey Butcher and VTM anyone....?!?!

Deliverance peeps...DIY dudes... Low dough tone! Get some.

Nice clip, Rez!

I've built two of these little 4xEL84 heads. One is a Trainwreck Rocket clone (my avatar) and the other is a Dr. Z ZWreck clone pictured (VERY similar circuit). I've switched the Rocket back into this tweed cabinet (Rocket has a 3-position Bright switch). The speaker cab is just one of those Carvin 1x12s but they almost look made for each other. These are great pedal amps but also sound great on their own. Volume-Treble-Bass-Cut, and a Bright switch...that's it. This prob gets more love than any of my other amps.

I play a partscaster with 2 HBs into a SD-1 that I modded into (I think) a Tube Screamer into a homemade 2204 into a Marshall cab with some no label V-30's. It's my "Heavier than Brown" sound.

Main at home rig, and yeah that's an SD-1 on top for the boost that was $19:

GP/DI by Lord Funktfied, on Flickr

Lot of times I'll use this for practice into the same cab.....5w amp that cost $100. It's even got a loop lol:

Untitled by Lord Funktfied, on Flickr

Favorite guitars right now are that Telemaster that I did for like $700 or a $300 Charvel Model 1.

I've always loved EVH and he's had some great tones, but I've never wanted to use his tone. It wouldn't work well for most of the things I do.
Like anyone else who's played his rig (Ted Nugent), if I plugged into it it still wouldn't sound like Eddie anyway. It'd sound like me.

Steinmetzify":2uqwazpk said:
Main at home rig, and yeah that's an SD-1 on top for the boost that was $19:

GP/DI by Lord Funktfied, on Flickr

Lot of times I'll use this for practice into the same cab.....5w amp that cost $100. It's even got a loop lol:

Untitled by Lord Funktfied, on Flickr

Favorite guitars right now are that Telemaster that I did for like $700 or a $300 Charvel Model 1.
I like that Heart attack,going to be picking 1 up soon,I played one through 1 0f my 4-12's and it sounded great.

tubortski":2faosbp3 said:
You said Helmet and Malcolm in the same post. I'm paying attention.

F yeah... Where is Bubbastain when you need him... Peavey Butcher and VTM anyone....?!?!

Deliverance peeps...DIY dudes... Low dough tone! Get some.

Nice clip, Rez!
You say Deliverance...that ONE tone will rival anything out there..so good for 6-900 bucks. More articulate and organic than most amps. But, its limited in flexibility.

Best bang for my buck, that I've gigged with was a Crate Stealth about 5 yrs ago. It was my backup to a Fortin modded Ceriatone. The PT went out and the Fortin was down a few weeks.....gigged the Stealth for 2 nights and got a ton of compliments. For 175 bucks. All tube, nice clean and two gain channels, nice loop.

I gigged with a Crate Powerblock, with a Boss Blues Driver boosting it for awhile. Actually sounded badass, didn't miss not having to lug around a big rig.

D120 has been killing it lately. Simple, but it's making my playing better. I'm usually the reckless, sloppy type. It's aggressive. Just a little torn on how to really make the solos jump out.

Get my guitar sounds from my Boss GT-100 direct; Roland CUBE-Street-EX. Downsizing to a Boss GT-1 + FS-7

riffermadness":2rflmy7n said:
I like that Heart attack,going to be picking 1 up soon,I played one through 1 0f my 4-12's and it sounded great.

Dude for $100 you can't go wrong. I've spent more in one trip to GC on strings lol. Of course it doesn't have the bottom end of a Recto, but mixed with some bass and in a mix you'd be hard pressed to tell what it is. I've had guys be pretty fuckin shocked when they fire up what they think is a toy and it does what it does.

In a mix:

https://soundcloud.com/judgementnate/ho ... ne-drumjam

I never had any interest in Van Halen's music. His stripy guitars, to me, look super ugly. And I don't care for his tones.

However, listening to Testament, the EVH 5150iii seems to be an amp that can do great metal tones so I will be trying that out for sure.

I've run 90% of my studio tones and live tones out of a JMP-1 Preamp with a boss EQ pedal infront, re-tubed with average tunsol tubes. People always seems underwhelmed when I tell them my tone is a JMP-1 when they expect some crazy expensive set up.

If it sounds good then it probably does

Back