EVM 12L vs Swamp Thang for thump?

I would go with the EV12L Classic because it can handle higher transient peaks than the ST. It would track more accurately than the lower wattage speaker, unless you want speaker break up. The other thing you have to consider is the speaker cab. That can make or break the way any speaker may sound...

EVs are honest - they put out what goes in.
Mine thumped just fine with my Uberschalls, but they sound weak on the ass end if you're driving them with a Marshall.

I haven't played through Swamp Thangs but I definitely recommend EVM12Ls :thumbsup:

Haven't done me wrong yet. :D

I've never used swamp thangs but EV's do thump. I'm using a set of the BL versions in a 1960b cab with a Herbert. They move a lot more air than the 75's that were in there. They also handle the low freq. way better.

I've tried EV's and don't like them. Very harsh sounding to me even when you bring down your treble and presence. Every time i tried to record with them i hated what i heard and got much better results from other speakers.

I just did an X pattern in a MArshall 1960 cab with Swamp Wangs and Govnor's...

Perfect mix of tone...!!!

You can feel the swamp things thump... they need a little juice (not bleeding loud or anything like that) IMO to get the bottom end rolling though...

When I pay at 6:00am befoe I go to work I have the volume really low and I notice this... but ya who plays for the most part at mouse fart volumes!

G.

Back