Favorite fuzz tones?

anomaly

While I'm not usually a fan of fuzz tones or fuzz pedals really, there are some exceptions, like this (the chorus:)

Chevelle's whole Sci-Fi Crimes album is full of these great fuzz tones IMO, it's on the bass too. I wonder what kind of pedals they were using?

List your favs.

I don’t follow bands/songs or what they’re using anymore (not interested), but my favorite fuzz pedals fwiw are the ‘70’s Foxx Tone Machine, ‘90’s Russian Big Muff & Keeley Fuzz Bender. The Danelectro French Toast & Formula B Soviet Tank are respectively very good copies of the first 2 mentioned

I cant say 100% its his usual silicon fuzz but I always thought it was. I recently built a clone and I really love it. But it is def 'that fuzz tone'.

And just for shits and gigs...I always thought of the title as a ref to a girl dressing up for Saturday night...in Texas. :shocked:

Hendrix using fuzz face and octavia tones for me. Big Muff Pi and the Zvex Fuzz Factory are two fuzz I dig, both as well as the fuzz face and octavia are in my HX Effects and work and sound great IMO

I cant say 100% its his usual silicon fuzz but I always thought it was. I recently built a clone and I really love it. But it is def 'that fuzz tone'.

And just for shits and gigs...I always thought of the title as a ref to a girl dressing up for Saturday night...in Texas. :shocked:

This was his last amazing tones album, he’s gotten considerably drier and less gained/fuzzed out than he was in the 90’s as time has gone on. If you’re really into his Fuzz Face tones, try getting your hands on a Germanium Dover Drive. That pedal is fucking badass and by itself can cover a ton of EJ ground.

This is just a quick, shitty cell phone clip at apartment volume, I turn it on halfway through. It’s like really fuzzed out on the lower notes and gets more distortion-like higher up, but has this awesome air around the notes that I automatically associate with the late 80’s/early 90’s EJ tones. It almost like a mix of his Tube Drive-Marshall rig and his Fuzz Face/Dumble rig.

You mean there are people on the planet that actually view fuzz tones as desirable ?
Yes. There are other genres of music besides 80s Cock Rock. Take for example, Stoner Rock. My favorite of them is Truckfighters.

Side note: I got to open up for Truckfighters during their Desert X Anniversary Tour in Youngstown, OH. They were having issues with their cabs provided for the tour, so I let them use my Mesa cabs for their backline. They use a boutique fuzz made for them.

I love L7's fuzzy junk tone garage anthems. Makes me want to slap my husband and set ablaze his Fender twin for no reason.

Back