Favorite pedal you currently use

A0B34D27-ECAC-4DE9-B63B-8488D75606CD.jpeg

Ended my search for distortion. Also, Turbo Tuner.

I love my Earthquaker Dispatch Master in the loop of whatever amp I’m using. Medium verb with one quiet repeat (+/- 300 ms). I call it the Ted Templeman pedal. It’s a nice subtle ambient setting the plays just as nice with cleans as it does with high gain leads. Doesn’t get in the way of anything - but makes everything sound better!

OD1X. Had it now for 8 yrs I think? Works with everything. Quiet, can add tight bass (to a degree) and keeps the sound 'wide and open' vs 'narrowing' it like a Tube Screamer.
But recently I picked up a 45$ Joyo Uzi...I typically double boost my 72 Marshall to get a nice hard rock tone...adding this Uzi to my OD1X has turned the 72 into a metal monster. It's a clone of a BE OD but has a mid control instead of presence...and the Bias knob will tighten/loosen the low end similar to an Airis Savage Drive. Setting the amp up at a nice crunch volume, I can then use the Uzi's Vol knob to attenuate the volume and in essence, it's a new master vol in front of the Marshall.
Killer pedal and for 45 bucks, a no brainer.

I also have a Fortin TS, 86 SD1, Joyo Ultimate Drive and picked up a Joyo Tauren which is now my #1 in front of my Naylor.

Forgot to mention, the Uzi is as quiet or quieter than my OD1X.

OD1X. Had it now for 8 yrs I think? Works with everything. Quiet, can add tight bass (to a degree) and keeps the sound 'wide and open' vs 'narrowing' it like a Tube Screamer.
But recently I picked up a 45$ Joyo Uzi...I typically double boost my 72 Marshall to get a nice hard rock tone...adding this Uzi to my OD1X has turned the 72 into a metal monster. It's a clone of a BE OD but has a mid control instead of presence...and the Bias knob will tighten/loosen the low end similar to an Airis Savage Drive. Setting the amp up at a nice crunch volume, I can then use the Uzi's Vol knob to attenuate the volume and in essence, it's a new master vol in front of the Marshall.
Killer pedal and for 45 bucks, a no brainer.

I also have a Fortin TS, 86 SD1, Joyo Ultimate Drive and picked up a Joyo Tauren which is now my #1 in front of my Naylor.

Forgot to mention, the Uzi is as quiet or quieter than my OD1X.
I also scored an Uzi on Tom’s recommendation and it’s a great pedal. It‘s got a very aggressive, crisp, clear distortion, that also sounds vicious in front of a JMP. Much more aggressive than an OD or TS type pedal, and as Tom said, it’s very quiet, and the bias knob is extremely effective at loosening/tightening the lows. I set it up like a boost, volume high, gain low and it kills. Highly recommended, especially for $45.

I still have my old bodenhamer bloody murder on any board I have. Best od ever IMO.

Lately I have been using my toneczar openhaus constantly. My tube amps are being repaired so I'm down to playing that through my solid state back up amp. The openhaus is a badass distortion.

Have so many. But I find my most useful is the cheapest.
TC mojo mojo. Was $49 on clearance at GC

Many times with my classic 30 I don't even use one.

Next best is the super bad ass distortion

Then I have a FD3, OCD v1 that I rotate

The others I use for trade in bait

The source audio Zio is a great pedal with a few types of boost. They all sound good, tighten up amps nicely, give it a bit more clarity, etc. very cool.

If you haven’t tried the Zio, definitely give it a try.

Just found demo by Pete Thorn of the pedal. It’s a great pedal. Check it out.

I love my Earthquaker Dispatch Master in the loop of whatever amp I’m using. Medium verb with one quiet repeat (+/- 300 ms). I call it the Ted Templeman pedal. It’s a nice subtle ambient setting the plays just as nice with cleans as it does with high gain leads. Doesn’t get in the way of anything - but makes everything sound better!

I have been waffling on buying the Dispatch Master for years. The want is there but for some reason, have never pulled the trigger. This post has pushed me over the edge. Starting the hunt tomorrow!

Reactions: PDC
Back