Favorite stereo chorus pedal?

Anxiety Serum

What's your favorite?

Also if I am looking to A/B back are forth between two amps in their loop I think I need dual inputs right? Like the boss won't work. It's stereo but only one input. And I would need a dual input like the TC Corona, Strymon Ola, or Julianna correct?

the waza is great if you're looking for traditional sounds, and easy to set. anything eventide is better IMO. the mod factor, or tri-cerachorus are gunna be cooler, and more modern, but if you're an 80s//90s rocker, go with the ce-2W.

Easy to set is a positive for me.

For reference I'm a 90s/2000s rocker.

The Boss is definitely on the list, but again that may force me to go into front end and not the loop. Which may be fine, I just thought Chorus was best in the loop if the amp has one. Never owned a chorus so what do I know....

Will check out the eventide. Thanks.

The yellow MXR M134 Stereo Chorus is pretty good. Run it up front. Zakk Wylde, Paul Gilbert and Eddie use/d them live if thats any assist on what it can sound like.
Running chorus in the loop I find the sound too overwhelming to the tone, esp after distortion. Can sound ok with clean tones though. I like lush deep chorus with my cleans and a shallower but widening chorus tones with my gain tones

The CE-2W is voiced to go into the front of a amp and sounds good with distortion. It rolls off some bass and slight midrange boost. Nails Rush.
I don't know of any analog chorus pedal that is designed or sounds good in the loop.
There is some digital units that are designed to be used in the loop or in front. None of them I have tried sounded as good as the analog stuff. Completely subjective.

What Jim mentioned about the tri chorus stuff is very cool also. This sound came from the 80's. It's three chorus running at the same time kind of random. So the up down thing is less noticable.

The CE-2W is voiced to go into the front of a amp and sounds good with distortion. It rolls off some bass and slight midrange boost. Nails Rush.
I don't know of any analog chorus pedal that is designed or sounds good in the loop.
There is some digital units that are designed to be used in the loop or in front. None of them I have tried sounded as good as the analog stuff. Completely subjective.

What Jim mentioned about the tri chorus stuff is very cool also. This sound came from the 80's. It's three chorus running at the same time kind of random. So the up down thing is less noticable.

Which one is three at a time...the boss or the eventide?

Yeah the videos have me thinking the Boss then the Strymon. Was worried about lack of dual inputs but if it goes better in front, than that's not an issue.

Which one is three at a time...the boss or the eventide?

Yeah the videos have me thinking the Boss then the Strymon. Was worried about lack of dual inputs but if it goes better in front, than that's not an issue.
The Boss is not a tri chorus.
There is lots of tri chorus effects made by various companies. They are all based on some rack units from the 80's.

I'm not sure but I think the CE-2W the two output is one side is dry and the other is all effect.

Most of the stereo chorus I have seen is just a variation of panning in sync with the chorus rate.

Last edited:
I can get some killer micro pitch/ and faux chorus sounds with my eventide pitchfactor.Has a really nice spread with 2 bandmaster reverbs.But my favorite chorus is the old tc scf pedal and full tone choralflange.

I think you're right. I've always run my chorus in the loop but I currently have a Julia that I'm running mono in a loop and I'm not that knocked out by it.
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts if you change it to the front end. I liked the Julia tone from videos but Walrus's pedals are not straight forward enough for me. I also Liked the Slo (from the video) and it has not been a great pedal for me. Besides complex, I can't get it to sound like the videos made it sound. My TC HoF sounds much better.

So I'd be interested if yours is an issue with the loop or you not liking the Julia pedal.

I can get some killer micro pitch/ and faux chorus sounds with my eventide pitchfactor.Has a really nice spread with 2 bandmaster reverbs.
i sold my dd-3, ce-2w, and rv-3, and got an eventide micropitch. lifes been good ever since. i got 5 presets to play set. preset one is a delay, preset 2 is the classic micropitch wet as hell (chorus-y), preset 3 is a different delay, preset 3 is straight classic chorus, and preset 5 is a short delay with the tone up high, that sounds like a cold plate reverb for doing dimmu, immortal, dissection type stuff. Its true stereo, and sounds amazing. My only gripe with it is the color scheme. the 5 preset LED indicator lights are close together against the chassis that is the same exact shade of red as the leds. my aging eyes have a hard time distinguishing what preset i'm on when i'm standing up playing.

Last edited:
Back