Favorite Warehouse guitar speakers?

reverymike

I'm considering getting a Celestion Creamback to mix with a Vintage 30 in my 2x12, but I'm not particularly excited to pay $150 for it. I know a lot of guys really like Warehouse speakers.

What are the great Warehouse speakers for guitar? I'd be using this 2x12 with old Marshalls, SLO, Bogner, etc.

I have a Retro and love it, though I always hear it mixed in with an Eminence Legend. Comparing the 2, the Legend is closer to the v30s in my Mesa cab whereas the retro is much smoother in the highs and has a cool creamy mid thing going on. Handles high gain low tuning as well clean and mid gain. Fun speaker with unique character that I dig. The prices are comparatively cheaper in the USA for WGS but I think the quality is equal or better than other choices. My buddy has a Retro and an ET and loves them fwiw. I would definitely buy again and may get another 4x12 just to try some more out.

The Retro is supposed to be a brighter version of the Veteran 30. . .so it's another version of the V30. I already have a V30 in my 2x12, so I need something smoother, creamier. The Retro sounds cool, but I think it'd be too similar to the V30 I already have in there.

ET65 for a Marshall or variant. Perfect speaker for a bright amp, similar to a mix of GB/G12 65. I've tried the Green Beret and Reaper, they seem too bright. And I like bright.

What about the Warehouse Invader? Sounds like it's a higher watt Greenback. Should sound smoother next to the V30.

I have tried the vet 30, et65, and green beret. Favoite is the et65, sounds smooth like a cl80 but has more mids. Green beret had tons of woody tone, great speaker, but just too low powered for a 212.

The invader does look cool.

Invader is awesome. Very much a high powered greenback to my ears. I like all my wgs speakers (ET65, Invader, Liberator, Retro 30).

Sounds great paired with an ET65.

I've had all Warehouse Veteran 30's, 2 Vet30's/2 Vintage 30's in an X pattern, and currently 2 vintage 30's on bottom/2 reissue Greenbacks on top in my Bogner 4x12. When I had all Veteran 30's, it sounded good, but not great. I felt I was missing a little cut and teeth (if that makes sense). It was a bit too smooth and refined, almost scooped sounding. When I swapped two Veterans out and put the Vintage 30's in the X pattern, it sounded much better. I got the cut back and the sound was really deep, rich, and modern. This is an excellent combo for modern rock/metal. It's what the V30/G12T75 X combo wishes it sounded like, IMHO. I swapped the veterans out and put the Greenbacks on top. This combo isn't as wide or deep, but it's toothier (again, if that makes sense), crunchier, and a bit more raw and nasty. It sounds damn good, too. In the end, I dig the Waterhouse speakers (I've only had the Veteran 30's), but I just like Celestion more. They have this rawness that's just more old-school rock and roll, to my ears anyway. Not saying one brand is better than the other; I just prefer Celestions.

The Vintage 30/ET65 combo sounds really good mixed in a 2x12 with Marshall'ish type amps, hard to beat that combo for classic type tones.

reverymike":16f9d7g7 said:
What about the Warehouse Invader? Sounds like it's a higher watt Greenback. Should sound smoother next to the V30.

I had a pair of these on a recto cab,great sounding speakers. Also the Et 65 and veteran 30 is killer combination,sounds huge
My next mix is going to be a invader and a et65

Why not wait for one or a set of reissue GB to come up for sale in the classifieds? Should be able to score one for what 100$ shipped? This way you know they will sound great together as this is a classic pairing. Other option might be weber legacy which would also be nice with that v30. Fail that how about an eminence private jack.

reverymike":e1o4w1jn said:
I guess Scumback is also an option.

The 65 watt M55 looks like a nice higher powered Greenback.

I've got 2 of these in a Bogner OS 2 X 12. I like them more than the J75's, and CL80's I had in there. I had a set of V30's but never had a chance to try them in the Bogner. Might be a cool mix having the mids of the 30 and the low's of the M55 together.

I'm considering getting a Celestion Creamback to mix with a Vintage 30 in my 2x12, but I'm not particularly excited to pay $150 for it. I know a lot of guys really like Warehouse speakers.

What are the great Warehouse speakers for guitar? I'd be using this 2x12 with old Marshalls, SLO, Bogner, etc.
Old post but i got 2 Reaper 30 watt and 2 Retro 30's and i'm not even mad lol

My dad uses an ET-65 in a Rivera TAC-112 for his trio, and it sounds killer.

Had a couple of Retro-30's in a Trace-Elliot 4x12 cab I bought off a friend years ago, didn't bond with them. Pulled them and ran the V30's detuned instead.

Back