Feeling the need for an MCii

ZEN Amps

Don't think I can resist the urge to order one.

Has anyone done so recently? How did it go in terms of wait time, your expectations etc?

Not sure if Rick offers options, but if you asked for some I'd be interested to hear about it.

Interesting, is that from Rick or through the grapevine? I'd hate to order one and then be gassing for the features on the new one a few months later.

Usually about 30-60 days to build. I've bought 5 amps direct from Rick.

A MK2 version of the MCII is supposed to be coming out this year, don't know the details, just that it's coming.
Any idea what’s going to be new on the MK2 version.

I ordered mine in December of 2019 and got it in late January 2020.

Modern classic 2 50 watt.

I'm still thinking about what tubes (34's vs 88's) to go with when I order a build in the next few weeks.

From what I've researched, 88's should be "more clear" across the spectrum with less pronounced mids and tighter bass and possibly enhanced highs. I would agree that it won't sound bad, just different like you're looking for. Keep us updated for sure.

From what I've researched, 88's should be "more clear" across the spectrum with less pronounced mids and tighter bass and possibly enhanced highs. I would agree that it won't sound bad, just different like you're looking for. Keep us updated for sure.
I could not remember this the other day when responding to post #9.......what made me pick the KT150 version was reading about the Bludotone Hi-Plains Drifter. Totally different animal than the Wizard. But the punch of its 150W power section is striking. Although I have never heard one myself, that description from others who have is consistent by a large number.

Maybe adding a sweep like the MTL 2?

A sweep on the MCII wouldn't really be that useful IMO. I just don't see it being that useful in the MCII...you already have bright, treble, presence, and mids to balance the perfect tone. The Hybrid has a sweep and helps to brighten the mids and take them from MTL's lower mids voicing to MCIIs upper mids voicing. Hybrid can get close to the MCII mids but not all the way there...it still retains more MTL than MCII in it's DNA to my ears.

Usually about 30-60 days to build. I've bought 5 amps direct from Rick.

A MK2 version of the MCII is supposed to be coming out this year, don't know the details, just that it's coming.
Rick said the MCii has already been updated, but no details on what the changes were. Presumably something minor and internal.

I could not remember this the other day when responding to post #9.......what made me pick the KT150 version was reading about the Bludotone Hi-Plains Drifter. Totally different animal than the Wizard. But the punch of its 150W power section is striking. Although I have never heard one myself, that description from others who have is consistent by a large number.
Dude, those are both LOUD, like arena loud amps.

Nice, let us know when it arrives. What made you decide to go with KT88's?
Thank you....just got word from Rick yesterday it's done, on the bench for testing, and will probably ship next week. He already sent me the Canada Post tracker.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should build a switcher for it, or just order the KoolKat Switcher. Theyr'e only 89 bux.....probably worth it.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should build a switcher for it, or just order the KoolKat Switcher. Theyr'e only 89 bux.....probably worth it.
Don't F around with it, just get the pedal! Seriously, I couldn't imagine owning one of these amps without having the switching options at my feet. Everybody that's got one of the pedals has been happy, guy seems to be on it. The only thing I would wish for is the pedal wasn't hard wired, that it could have a detachable cable to keep things clean...don't always need 50' of footswitch cable hahah

Back