Feeling the need for an MCii

Don't F around with it, just get the pedal! Seriously, I couldn't imagine owning one of these amps without having the switching options at my feet. Everybody that's got one of the pedals has been happy, guy seems to be on it. The only thing I would wish for is the pedal wasn't hard wired, that it could have a detachable cable to keep things clean...don't always need 50' of footswitch cable hahah
It's not hard to build, and I've got all the stuff to put one together.

The only reason I'm thinking about doing it, is I think the KoolKat thing looks stupid with all that crap art work, and it's bigger than I would like.

But to be fair......$89 is not a bad deal considering what someone's time may be worth.

I see them available on eBay right now.

Usually about 30-60 days to build. I've bought 5 amps direct from Rick.

A MK2 version of the MCII is supposed to be coming out this year, don't know the details, just that it's coming.
I was surprised 7 weeks from the KT150 order he emailed me told me it was ready. Sent me Canada Post tracking on Monday.

I'm thinking it'll be 2 weeks to make it to North Texas.

Lot sooner that I expected.

I was surprised 7 weeks from the KT150 order he emailed me told me it was ready. Sent me Canada Post tracking on Monday.

I'm thinking it'll be 2 weeks to make it to North Texas.

Lot sooner that I expected.

Yeah. He can build them fast if all the parts are in. Headshells tend to be his biggest hold up these days. My last one only took about 9 days from ship date. Put he Canada Post tracking number in the USPS tracking system if you want to track after it's in the US

Yeah. He can build them fast if all the parts are in. Headshells tend to be his biggest hold up these days. My last one only took about 9 days from ship date. Put he Canada Post tracking number in the USPS tracking system if you want to track after it's in the US
Just now showing to CLR Customs & made it from NY to FTW, TX and to be delivered today? :p

Unbelievable.......actually I still don't see it making it to my door today.

We'll see............

Just now showing to CLR Customs & made it from NY to FTW, TX and to be delivered today? :p

Unbelievable.......actually I still don't see it making it to my door today.

We'll see............
First time I ever heard USPS trying to deliver parcels on a Sunday....AND DAMMIT!!! I wasn't there when they tried to deliver it!! Oh well.

Post Office had it ready for me to pick up in-person this morning.

Now to get it home!

More pictures on the way......

eeoGsWx.jpg

The first time I saw the blue LED's was on a MTL MKII I had a few months ago. The Metal didn't work out, but I liked those lights and asked Rick to include the on this MCII KT150.

PzN7Zb6.jpg

Chassis shots! I love the way these things are put together!

lVoecZS.jpg
h0dsdFZ.jpg
NX6XGld.jpg
Hutv8xC.jpg
z21LJDB.jpg
cuIVcQ4.jpg

Last edited:
That is fucking sexy as hell. Man. Everything he puts on them is stout. Those switcraft jacks he uses, the fucking switches. I just don't think he skimps on any part of it. So nice to have someone care that much.

That is fucking sexy as hell. Man. Everything he puts on them is stout. Those switcraft jacks he uses, the fucking switches. I just don't think he skimps on any part of it. So nice to have someone care that much.
He's the only guy I know that touches up almost each solder connection with some sort of varnish (that purple stuff on the component posts in the pictures). Although probably used elsewhere too, I remember seeing it in old radios and TV's from the 50's - 60's. Not sure exactly what it is.

It's got to be time consuming to build amps the way he does.

Really nice craftsmanship. A lot of people think it's stupid to go that way, and have no appreciation for it. I understand them and partially agree. But I do appreciate his builds. Very solid.

Congrats on the amp!
Being a Wizard owner for 23 years now, with three of them at. the moment(92 VC-100. 93 Metal and 2010 MC-50) I understand your passion for Ricks amps.
And yeah, Rick doesn't cut corners with his amps, and the result is an amp that will probably outlast all of us, and that sounds nothing short of amazing.
Enjoy your amp and play the hell out of it!

A MK2 version of the MCII is supposed to be coming out this year, don't know the details, just that it's coming.

I sent Rick an email about this to see if this was true. His reply:

"Well Rig-Talk seems to know more about Wizard than I do so I guess I should plan on releasing an MCII MKII in the near future. But if you want to hear it from me all I can say is it really isn't the plan.

Cheers, rick"

"Well Rig-Talk seems to know more about Wizard than I do so I guess I should plan on releasing an MCII MKII in the near future. But if you want to hear it from me all I can say is it really isn't the plan.

Cheers, rick"

Lol...maybe not then.... I was just going off what @UberschallEL34 told me when he discussed with Rick. This towards the end of last year when they were discussing special SteveK tribute builds. He said Rick mentioned making one of his SteveK MC2 builds a mk2, but did not offer any details as to what it would entail. Maybe he's changed his plans as I think he has bigger fish to fry in dealing with sourcing headshells/cabs with this BAD situation.

Maybe he's changed his plans as I think he has bigger fish to fry in dealing with sourcing headshells/cabs with this BAD situation.
Yes, way bigger fish to fry. I emailed him yesterday re: my MC25 needing a day in the Wizard spa and being brought to current spec. His response this morning was that he can't even get to that until September and to keep playing it....and that the cab situation has him in a standstill, product built and nothing to load it into.

Obviously, we need to revamp Wizard's image. From this point forward, all wizards will be shipped in a shag headshell.

Attachments

• randall carpet.jpg
    randall carpet.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 53

Cheers, rick"
Maybe there's some confusion about a minor revision vs a whole new version. I ordered an MCii 6 weeks ago and asked Rick this very question - he replied "The MCII was updated this year". Those were his exact words.

Lol...maybe not then.... I was just going off what @UberschallEL34 told me when he discussed with Rick. This towards the end of last year when they were discussing special SteveK tribute builds. He said Rick mentioned making one of his SteveK MC2 builds a mk2, but did not offer any details as to what it would entail. Maybe he's changed his plans as I think he has bigger fish to fry in dealing with sourcing headshells/cabs with this BAD situation.
Does he really get head shells from Boutique Amp Distribution?

Even before BAD had the recent fire, I could never get him to sell me a new head shell for an MC50 I have.

I finally found a used one that looks new. I'll re-tolex the old one eventually. I've done them before, but hate having to deal with it. Such a pain in the ass.

Back