Fender Tone Master Pro digital modeler

rsm

...is released, and the usual cast of characters on social media are shilling it up!

it's a circus!

I know when I think about digital music innovation the first name that comes to mind is Fender! /S

IMO

Costs about the same as a Fractal FM9.

Hooray YouTubers.

The st rock amperium looks like it blows it out of the water. The UI is a little wonky with Bluetooth on the phone or computer, but it does the same type of modeling axe fx does, and captures the same way the Tonex does.

Yea it’s being hyped by the usual suspects. I really like the fender and evh tones i have heard so far in the videos. I’m sure they focused most on making those the best they could 🤣🤣
It looks easy to use which is something someone like me who is ignorant when it comes to all of the technology stuff needs. It has my attention but something so new I would wait awhile before buying to see what bugs need to be worked out.

Reactions: rsm
Read about on a TGP thread last week. Looks good but watching YT shill products makes me never buy them ever. Maybe it's good for my wallet to watch a bunch of videos.

The UI looks pretty good.

Read about on a TGP thread last week. Looks good but watching YT shill products makes me never buy them ever. Maybe it's good for my wallet to watch a bunch of videos.

The UI looks pretty good.
Not trying to be a dick but do you REALLY go out of your way to not buy a product that a Youtuber you dislike reviews? I wouldn't let any of those guys stop me from buying a sick new product, nor do I hang on every word they say and let them influence either way.

With that aside, this thing looks and sounds very promising. Great start so far IMO. I'll wait to see what future updates they implement. Hopefully they will add amp capturing.

Not trying to be a dick but do you REALLY go out of your way to not buy a product that a Youtuber you dislike reviews? I wouldn't let any of those guys stop me from buying a sick new product, nor do I hang on every word they say and let them influence either way.

With that aside, this thing looks and sounds very promising. Great start so far IMO. I'll wait to see what future updates they implement. Hopefully they will add amp capturing.
Yes, pretty much. Also there's nothing wrong with that. Most of us have a lot more things than we really need and that's an understatement. One more reason not to be an obsessive consumer.

I blocked the usual suspects though so I only get like two videos on yt when I search for it. One from Fender and one from an obscure shop. Sounds pretty good from what I've heard in the Fender clip. I also like the connectivity and the display/ui and it's a lot bigger than I imagined.

Last edited:
I used to really like the CyberTwin back in the early 2000s, so I’m not concerned about its potential quality of sounds, but I don’t have enough desire for something like this.

Modeling is Dead, and now Fender releases a modeler. Brilliant!

And it doesn't Capture.....Total Fail.

Capturing/Profiling is the future of Digital Rigs

Modeling = Someone else's idea of what the amp sounds like
Capturing = An exact copy of your amp with your settings

Will be interesting to see if Fender does regular updates.

just my YT feed is full of Fender Tone Mater Pro demos, and my inbox is full of introduction emails. Fender marketing is in overdrive.

I still have my tube amps, but moved from digital modelers to a computer / software plug-in rig using PolyChromeDSP McRocklin Suite:

I heard 1.8 ms, but unsure… I think everything listed on their site.
Sounds pretty good if that's when everything is on! Lower than most other devices.
Tried looking on YT and can't find and regular user videos on it though.

It's kinda bizarre to see that 20 people or so create almost all the gear content available on YT.

Sounds cool but doesn't feel good is this guy's opinion.

His review was not great. It seemed like he was not into the idea of it let alone the product. I am somewhat ambivalent about these things. They look like fun, but in most if not all of my gigs, I would use this thing to maybe 2% of its potential ability. I typically only use about 2-3 tones and add a few pedals for color here and there. When I do need to go direct, I use my Flyrig for base tone. I thought it sounded good though and I dig the UI and set up of it. I am still waiting for a perfect (to me) Multi FX only to use with my amp. Something like an updated TC G System would be awesome.

Back