First gig with the my new Engl Blackmore amp

carl roa

Just got the Engl Blackmore amp and V30 cab! Clip from the first gig with the new rig last night ...

Sick, but you would sound that good on a Gorilla practice amp!

I loved the high gain sounds of the black more I had. The cleans and crunch were just so so IMO too stiff of a response for those tones. The prescence knob which should be labeled high frequency gain is key to avoid the icepick complaints that follow the amp. Really low treble settings and high or max prescence settings with the gain reduced allowed for a different type of gain structure with a clearer tighter bottom. Cool amp for the $800 I scored it for.

That rocked!!! You seem to have gelled with your EBMM JP BFR quite nicely. You gonna post this on the EBMM forum to?

Jim

Thanks for the kind words here! Yeh, been re-working the whole rig. I am digging the new JP-Engl combo ... still getting my new pedal board together. Lot of work still to do!

Cool playing till the end where you were going into a spastic one-to-one fit with your amp. What's that about? That's the point I would have walked out.

stompboxfreak72":28jrud19 said:
Great chops !

How does the Engl compare to the Splawn ?

Very different animal ... The Engl is faster, tighter, more definition, more cutting ... Splawn has more sag, warmer, more of a vintage vibe. (although the Nitro does have more low mids) Different voicings ...

marshall":2egtk3jb said:
Cool playing till the end where you were going into a spastic one-to-one fit with your amp. What's that about? That's the point I would have walked out.

Here you go, try this ... he makes nice with his instrument ;)

marshall":3ehltvhj said:

let's see what you got broseph. step on up and get your head cut.

Back