First practice with both Krank heads.....

K Odell

So today our other guitar players Krank came in....luckily before practice. Anyways I have one of the older Rev1 heads, he has the Rev+. Well first thing I noticed was his didn't seem to have the same amount of gain as mine which I thought was strange. But anyways I cannot express how happy I am with our live tone now. Two heads dialed in the same to create one huge guitar tone rules in my opinion. I used to hate Kranks, but man I have really fallen in love with these Revolution heads. I want to order another one in the next couple weeks. But yeah just figured I would say that I am really really digging these heads.
-Kyle

I have had a similar rig to the other guitar player and then had a totally different rig from the other guy. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but I think I like having a different sounding amp. It gives more variety to the sound, which is good in a cover band. I can see how using a similar amp could be really useful in an original band.

Have you tried the Chadwick?

i just played through my other guitar players krank rev+ live (he also plays in sworn enemy) and was completely blown away by how good it sounded. i had literally no time at all to tweak anything on stage, simply using jamin's settings gave me this huge monstrous tone, slighly reminiscent of a rectifier. im quite intrigued now........

travis bickle":ajn1880k said:
i just played through my other guitar players krank rev+ live (he also plays in sworn enemy) and was completely blown away by how good it sounded. i had literally no time at all to tweak anything on stage, simply using jamin's settings gave me this huge monstrous tone, slighly reminiscent of a rectifier. im quite intrigued now........

Hey man, yeah I am totally hooked on it right now. Happiest I have been tone wise. Not sure if you are still playing with them, but I really really wish I could make those last Subzero dates!

cool shit. actually, im playing two of their last 3 shows. the one in poughkeepsie, and the club europa gig. im stoked to play with these cats again!

glad to hear some praise for the kranks, they caught a bad rap in these parts. did you record with the krank?

keep on killin em bro.

Man damn! I really wish I was up there so I could catch those dates. Oh well, just kill it! Which I am sure you guys will.

As for the recordings, none of the ones my band has up now were done with the Krank, but our EP which I am tracking right now is def gonna be Krank city! :thumbsup:

Further LO":1o9adyg1 said:
i just picked up a rev 1` killer amp so far. how about some setting tips?

Keep the sweep real low, like 1 or 2. Don't be afraid of the EQ pots, the best tone is very high on these settings to your taste. Don't scoop mids too much, they seem to derive most of their power in the mids, only as much on the Gain as you really need, too much Gain and Presence and they can get fizzy. Master at least 4. Get a Hotplate if you set your Master at less than 4. Get your tone and volumes set before you start throwing things in the loop. The loop can change volume and tone, so you have to be very careful on how you set up your effects. I see a lot of guys fighting tone and volume issues with their amp when the difficulty is actually occuring in their effects chain.

Back