Fixed - New Hagen hum/hiss - EDIT

HRC51

Good news: my Diezel Hagen just arrived.

I plugged it in and let it warm up for a while before playing. Some bad noises are coming out. I tried 3 different guitars and 2 different cables with varying degrees of hum and hiss.

Any advice on these issues:

1) On channels 3 & 4, I get a lot of hum noise and some hiss noise. Playing and strings at rest.

2) It seems to feedback a lot, even when standing far away and at low volume settings.

3) I'm now picking up a radio station.

Edit: The radio interference had nothing to do with the amp. It was coming from my AC outlet. I bought a Furman power conditioner, and the problem is solved. Jens helped me with my settings to calm the feedback - my fault.

Please do not think that I have anything negative to say about Diezel's here. Best Tone Ever!

I sold my Herbert to get the Hagen, and my Herbert was sooooooo quiet that I never needed a noise gate. Herbert never had a feedback or radio concern either.

Edit: After replacing V1 preamp tube and plugging into the Furman, the Hagen is every bit as quiet as the Herbert.

Please no Herbert vs. Hagen debate. I have not had a chance to put the Hagen through it's paces, but the noise is driving me crazy.

Edit: I love the Herbert and the Hagen. Both are totally amazing.

Thanks, Adam

Unfortunately I have the same kind of problem with my Hagen. I am getting a strange kind of high pitched hiss whereas my Herbert is completely silent with the same cables and guitars.

I will check the preamp tubes over the weekend. But to me it sounds like the amp is picking up some electrical disturbance.

Thanks for the replies! :thumbsup:

My Hagen is serial 000 069 with the the kind words "Built for Adam"

It was shipped direct from Diezel courtesy of (Brad) King Guitars. It's brand new.

Adam

Adam, if you receive the Classic Rock station, all is fine, but if it is Al Jazeera then by all means, let's do something about it !!!

Just kidding. I'm pretty sure it is just one of the preamp tubes, most likely the V1. Peter tests every tube thoroughly and plays each amp before he gets it shipped. Inspite of that tubes are delicate and failure might happen. Do you have any spare preamp tubes you could swap? Use a high grade for V1 and V2 and swap 1 tube at a time. After each single tube swap, turn amp on to check if the amp is quiet now. If you don't have tubes e-mail me (see signature).

Kind regards,

Jens Kruse

MourningEngine":v3j3gxty said:
Unfortunately I have the same kind of problem with my Hagen. I am getting a strange kind of high pitched hiss whereas my Herbert is completely silent with the same cables and guitars.

I will check the preamp tubes over the weekend. But to me it sounds like the amp is picking up some electrical disturbance.

Markus, your problem is most likely be a different one from Adam's. If it's a 1khz high pitch hum that sounds a little bit like a remote circular saw (Kreissaege) and noise is not super loud, but just loud enough to annoy you then it could be the Midi controller.

Please check if the noise ONLY goes away by turning down the MASTER volume(s) and NOT if any other knobs/controls are turned all the way down.

Gruesse,

Jens

PS: Ich schick' Dir gleich eine Antwort auf die BHT/BG Frage. War sehr busy die letzten Tage. :)

New set of preamp tubes and several phone conversations with Jens and the Hagen is working as it should.

THANK YOU JENS!

:)

Back