flexibleguy67 selling an amp does anyone know him? or vouch for him?

I went through all his posts and the only "suspicious" thing is that they're all positive or neutral.

Can you provide a link to the ad? Didn't see any in his post history...

he offered a suhr sl67 for sale no ad.

I see that you have a "Want to buy" ad posted for that particular amp? My spidey senses are tinglin'... Looks like they hit the 50 posts (limit needed to access the Classifieds), and just happen to have the amp you're looking for. I'd be very wary. It's not to say that it hasn't happened before and been legit.

he sent this. and said no worries. i'm worried. very suspect imho. what's jemsite?
https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/conversations/suhr-sl67.884359/#convMessage-1003342

Can't access the link you posted, so can't comment on that. I could very well be 110% wrong, but my gut tells me this would be a "no go" on this one for me at least. Proceed with caution would be my advice.

Link doesn't work for me either.
Looks like they hit the 50 posts (limit needed to access the Classifieds), and just happen to have the amp you're looking for. I'd be very wary. It's not to say that it hasn't happened before and been legit.
Yup. Some folks have joined primarily for the classifieds, so it wouldn't be unheard of.

Saxophonist, what about the "no payment until goods received" thing?

I'm not up with such things but I've heard peeps talk about it. I'm guessing it's done digitally at your front door?

he's a scammer! watch out. someone else here reached out to tell me this:

I wanted to let you know that I posted a WTB ad. for a Morin preamp about a month ago. Flexibleguy67 responded that he had one for sale, and sent me photos that were used on a previous Reverb sale approx. 7 years ago. I smelled a rat, so I called him on it. I have not received a response message from him.

Sant a PM entitled, "Please Respond or You Risk Being Banned".

Simple message:
There've been reports that you're a scammer mate.

Talk to me...

I've just heard from him and am recommending he join the thread so he can defend himself directly as opposed to my acting as a middle man.

Apologies for any misunderstanding... With respect, You asked if I have feedback/references and I tried to let you know I have feedback on another forum which I'm a member. I understand if this would be an obstacle in the deal and I have no problem if you don't buy the amp from me because of feedback/references.

Thanks for chiming in mate.

If you could address saxophonist's post of a message received by another member, I'm sure he'd greatly appreciate it:

Flexibleguy67 responded that he had one for sale, and sent me photos that were used on a previous Reverb sale approx. 7 years ago. I smelled a rat, so I called him on it. I have not received a response message from him.

re-using images of something you don’t have images of or can’t prove ownership of, requesting payment on delivery, both with a minimal post count, smells like a hacked account like so many others have dealt with here.

I’d say ban him. The former is grounds for banning, as it is especially crime worthy when he’s the aggressor chasing a WTB ad.

Smelling like something isn't quite enough for me bro'.

PM sent again. Pointed out the fact that if he doesn't chime in here again soon he will be banned.

IOW, suspicion + active avoidance = likely guilt.

Back