Floyd rose and Brass blocks & ESP arming adjusters...

veji

Floyd Rose users...for people seeking to improve the tone, sustain and output of their guitars. There are brass blocks, tone claws, esp arming adjusters, tone springs etc. Are there others? How do you feel about these products? Do they actually improve the tone?

I have brass blocks and arming adjusters and they do improve the sustain and sound. The guitar is more resonant and louder compared to stock. Even acoustically. Curious if there are other tone enhancement products or would i just be increasing what the brass blocks and arming adjuster is alreading doing. Please advise.
Screenshot_20211030-142646_Messenger.jpg

It’s all guitar dependent of course. Some sound perfect as is. Others, if the tone is thinner than you’d like a Brass block will thicken it. Then, if the brass darkens it too much you can get Titanium string blocks to brighten it a touch. This is what I did to my 09 SoCal…but it wasn’t thin sounding really to begin with. My 08 SanDimas was a little dark and thinner than the SoCal, so I bought a Titanium block. Not the super spendy one but the 80$ version on eBay. Worked perfectly and is now equal to my SoCal. You can also try claws, nuts, locking screws, saddles in steel or titanium to customize your tone.
The vintage Charvels/Jackson’s I’ve also tried to upgrade but they sound best stock.

I had a Hamer USA Diablo that was very thin sounding - I put in a big brass block but also changed the pickups to BG Darkbuckers at the same time.

Not sure which part made the biggest difference but the guitar was perfection after that.

Back