Folks.....PSA....

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
please do not use any pay apps that do not allow any recourse for getting scammed. We are all adults and nobody likes being told what to do....BUT....please just protect yourselves. And please secure your accounts on here so scammer filth has a hard time hacking you. Thanks!

p.s.-
fuck all fucking scammer pieces of shit. Change your lifestyles or you will die like you live....ashamed, honorless, soulless and alone....

please do not use any pay apps that do not allow any recourse for getting scammed. We are all adults and nobody likes being told what to do....BUT....please just protect yourselves. And please secure your accounts on here so scammer filth has a hard time hacking you. Thanks!

p.s.-
fuck all fucking scammer pieces of shit. Change your lifestyles or you will die like you live....ashamed, honorless, soulless and alone....
Beware Venmo and Zelle!! They will not help you at all.

I would like to add, if anyone is doing a deal on RT and feel like something is "off", feel free to PM me before you send any money. I won't claim that I can give you 100% assurance, but there are things that can be checked on behind the scenes (IP and registered emails)

Avoid using zelle/venmo
Look at the email addresses. Usually these guys are using throwaway accounts that look like 10hdbduhosmme29gah@gmail (nonsense generated emails)

If RT account gets hacked, they may change the registered email, IDK but if they're any good at hacking, they may also be able to spoof the IP address. It may not be obvious, but a combination of things changing combined with a too-good-to-be-true price, etc.,

thieves suck

If RT account gets hacked, they may change the registered email, IDK but if they're any good at hacking, they may also be able to spoof the IP address. It may not be obvious, but a combination of things changing combined with a too-good-to-be-true price, etc.,

thieves suck
This one actually put a little more effort into it than usual, until he didn't. I'll leave it that...hope his dick falls off.

I’m guessing it wouldn’t hurt to insist on Good & Services for payment when buying? If they accept, you can decide whether to actually use it. But if they refuse…run don’t walk.

Was it by any chance the guy selling an Analogman King of Tone?
Yes, or the scammer/bot that hacked his account.

Almost got me for $400, luckily my bank blocked the payment from going through. I’ve probably had a hundred positive transactions off these forums since 2004, and I got lazy & didn’t make the effort to verify a legit sale.

Lesson learned, don’t let your guard down.

Guys, I only use Zelle now for what little I buy and sell these days.. but, you will not be ripped off by me..long time member.
The problem isn't with Zelle itself...if you know the person you are buying or selling with. It's just if something does go wrong with a scammer or otherwise, they offer little protection and won't help out. The scammers know this, so by the time they have your money and you discover something isn't right...they are long gone.

Avoid using zelle/venmo
Guys, I only use Zelle now for what little I buy and sell these days.. but, you will not be ripped off by me..long time member.
I would also accept a bank check or money order as well.. like we did 24yrs ago lol.. and I was never ripped off, which is kinda shocking really.

This ^^^ PP, etc., offer no protection for seller. It opens the door to douchebgas and scammers. If management here is going to demean certain methods. I would hope they also take time to at least promote pros and cons of all methods.

It's a two-way street. Due diligence on all/both parties is fundamental.

Back