For VH to Ratt MC II or ?

cragginshred77

How is the voicing in the mids with the Rock standard amp compared to the MC II? How much less gain does the MC I have than the II? What other features does the II have?
I generally push the front end with a Koko. Classic 80's Ratt Dokken VH tones is the goal!

Thanks!

The only difference between the MC 1 and MC 2, as far as I know, is the rhythm channel gain has a boost on the MC 2 similar to the lead channel boost available on amp.

If you are looking for classic Marshall-y tones and hot-rodded territory sounds, MC 2 will do your sounds in spades.
I literally use the amps sound 80% of the time, but for fun sometimes will play with either a OCD v2 for lead/more compression sounds, or Koko reloaded boost, which turns it into a fire breather.

I just picked up a BOSS SD-1, the classic, and eventually will get around to trying it with the MC 2 and I imagine it will kick serious ass lol

The only difference between the MC 1 and MC 2, as far as I know, is the rhythm channel gain has a boost on the MC 2 similar to the lead channel boost available on amp.

If you are looking for classic Marshall-y tones and hot-rodded territory sounds, MC 2 will do your sounds in spades.
I literally use the amps sound 80% of the time, but for fun sometimes will play with either a OCD v2 for lead/more compression sounds, or Koko reloaded boost, which turns it into a fire breather.

I just picked up a BOSS SD-1, the classic, and eventually will get around to trying it with the MC 2 and I imagine it will kick serious ass lol
Thats exactly what I keep hearing. Used the SD-1 for a while. Prolly why you never see them used. It adds treble and cuts a little bass so my current fav is the original Koko mid boost. The reloaded is way too hot

I think you just need to pull the trigger, find one and buy it , see if it is for you. You are not going to find out any other way.... just take the leap.

The lead channel has the contour (actually impacts both). The lead channel on the MC2 with the contour maxed out (where it belongs lol) is the same as an MC1.

The lead channel has the contour (actually impacts both). The lead channel on the MC2 with the contour maxed out (where it belongs lol) is the same as an MC1.
I don't remember doing much with the contour on the hybrid I owned. Most knobs left at noon.

I knew someone would find something I missed lol

THE CONTOUR KNOB IS ADDED for the MC II... sheesh just can't please everyone. Anyways my point remains, buy the damn amp.

Back