Found

Keeping mine too, but sold one about 5 months ago. It’ll make most overdrive pedals you use as boosts sound like toys in comparison. The TC 1140 and AudioArts 4100 are also great older PQ’s

+1 on the TC Electronic. Had the 2240, and it is just a fantastic unit.
The TC 1140 is the most versatile and my favorite one, but all 3 have their place and worth keeping for me. The 1140 actually sent more pedals packing than the PQ3 since it has the extra versatility and more sounds you can coax out of it, but the PQ3 has more inherent warmth and those great juicy mids

The TC 1140 is the most versatile and my favorite one, but all 3 have their place and worth keeping for me. The 1140 actually sent more pedals packing than the PQ3 since it has the extra versatility and more sounds you can coax out of it, but the PQ3 has more inherent warmth and those great juicy mids
Agreed! Though for some reason I remember getting more high end out of the Furman. (been to long)

Here ya go Warhead, hope this helps, but $$$. https://reverb.com/item/38207935-furman-pq-4

A PQ4 Just sold on Ebay for $750, ouch! I had not seen a PQ4 for sale in almost two years. GLWTSearch!

I have a Furman PQ3 and a Rane PE 15 band PEQ and it sounds pretty darn good compared to the Furman and they are quite reasonable FWIW.

I've tried other parametrics, including the 1140. While some are actually quieter and cleaner sounding, the Furman has this cheesy 80's grit to it that I love, hence my search for another.

I've tried other parametrics, including the 1140. While some are actually quieter and cleaner sounding, the Furman has this cheesy 80's grit to it that I love, hence my search for another.
I know what you mean. If that’s the sound you’re looking for then the others won’t do it. Gotta get the Furman for that. I think it’s that juicy midrange voicing it has that does it

Agreed! Though for some reason I remember getting more high end out of the Furman. (been to long)

Here ya go Warhead, hope this helps, but $$$. https://reverb.com/item/38207935-furman-pq-4
It’s been a while since I last used my PQ’s too, but if anything I think I was able to get more highs out my TC 1140 and certainly could get deeper bass too. It was more in the mids where I really liked the Furman more than the others

Rane makes one too, and Loft.
Not to derail this thread, but can anyone here tell me how the Loft or Ashly compare to stuff like the Furman PQ3, TC 1140 or AudioArts 4100? Can they actually sound as good? Would they add anything to the table compared to those 3?

The Loft is awesome, and it's quieter by a long shot. I have the PQ3 and the Audio Arts 4100, 2 Lofts (I had 3 but a buddy wanted one of them so I sold him one) and a Boss PQ4 and Ibanez 9 series pedals, the pedals are good in a pinch, but the 4100 and Loft 401 are the best. No experience with Rane, Ashley, or TC 1140.

How does a Boss PQ-50 compare? I bought one plus a GE-21 and have been using the GE-21 as an EVH-inspired boost into a plexi. I have a TC-1140 but have been too busy/lazy to tear into the rack to do a comparison to the PQ-50. Hopefully this weekend.

Back