Friedman Cali or Luxxtone El Machete?

marshallmel

I’m on the fence. Never played either one but have heard great things about both. If anyone has experience I’d appreciate the help.

I understand. GAS needs immediate relief.
Lmao. Not so much that as I made some moves with equipment and will need to acquire a new #1 before gigs start up again in May. I love the Chubtone options and getting a guitar made to my personal specs, not to mention at half the price of the other two.

The Friedman line is the cats pajamas for me. I have a vintage s, vintage s with a floyd and a custom ordered t. I sold my Cali but only because my vintage s floyd was so similar to it I just didn't need both. Wonderful playing, wonderful tone. I've kept the Friedman stuff over suhrs, Andersons etc...

I've had 3 Luxxtones and currently own a Friedman Cali. They are both awesome.

I'm going to be selling the Cali soon if you're looking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190927-121742_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20190927-121742_Messages.jpg
    939.9 KB · Views: 106
I would take a Luxxtone over a Friedman. The Luxxtone s I had played phenomenal and sounded great. The Friedman I had played well and Sounded good. The Luxxtone was just a little better to me.

but, my Friedman amp is truly unbelievable.

My problem is that I can’t touch either one and will end up spending money on a guitar I’ll never be able to play first. Both are no doubt fine instruments but I think it might come down to player preference because replies so far have been pretty equal.

I've never played a Luxxtone but my Cali is one of my favorite guitars of all time. Its so amazingly worn-in and comfortable and the neck is perfect IMO. I do admit that I also want a Luxxtone, and I imagine they are awesome as well. I guess once you get to these types of guitars its just a matter of preference and its too bad most of us are not able to try-before-buying.

Personally I didn’t care for the frets on my Cali, they felt more like railroad ties. I have a chubtone if you’re looking. It’s every bit as good of a guitar for a lot less money

Luxxtone all day long for me, I have had both and even though the friedman is a great instrument, I do not care for the headstock. that was the reason I sold it. I love my luxxtones though.

Dude... the Luxxtone Jerry sent me to demo was amazing. I only played one of the Cali's at NAMM 2 years ago. Also killer but there's just something about the Luxxtone stuff that is king of the heap for me.

Back