Friedman input jack issues - NEED JACK PICS!!!

Metalhead

I've got a 1979 JMP 2203 & you know how on Friedman mods he calls the lower output jack the BE & the higher output jack HBE. Well, my HBE jack wasn't getting good contact anymore, so I ordered some more jacks & I didn't take good enough "before" pics & I've got the thing all apart & don't know how it goes back together. It's pretty complicated & I need either a schematic done by Friedman or SOME CLOSEUP PICS OF THE JACKS THEMSELVES AFTER LOOSENING THE 2 FRONT NUTS & SLIDING OUT THE 2 WIRED TOGETHER JACKS so I can solder this thing up & get it back in play again. Any help you might have is very appreciated! Thanks, Eric.

Metalhead":1vjg69kc said:
I've got a 1979 JMP 2203 & you know how on Friedman mods he calls the lower output jack the BE & the higher output jack HBE. Well, my HBE jack wasn't getting good contact anymore, so I ordered some more jacks & I didn't take good enough "before" pics & I've got the thing all apart & don't know how it goes back together. It's pretty complicated & I need either a schematic or some detailed pics of a correctly wired set of jacks done by Friedman so I can solder this thing up & get it back in play again. Any help y'all might have is very appreciated! Thanks, Eric.

Hey Eric,
Have you tried contacting Dave directly? Just give him a call, I'm sure he'll provide the info you need.
Cheers,
Mike

Eric, Not making a diagram and actually thinking for one second you can remember it is a Class A violation of conduct code under 2C316A. Your soldering priveledges are hereby revoked for a period of no less than six months at which time after you may reapply granting you have completed the necessary requirements. :D

I do hope you get it back up. :rock:

If anyone has a Kitchen Sink mod and could snap some pics of the way the input jack is wired, I think that's really what's going to do it.

did you get the 2203 pic i sent. its hi lo right? all the sheilding goes to a ground, the inner lugs . the only two wires that are tricky would be the wire from a .022. it is going to go to the lug that touches the hot when nothing is plugged into the lo. then the hot of that jack goes to a 470k 470pf combo. the first jack is the high igets wired exactly like the pic I drew.

I dont think this is solder gun revocation but a suspension is def in order.

jerrydyer":2o9jyhoc said:
did you get the 2203 pic i sent. its hi lo right? all the sheilding goes to a ground, the inner lugs . the only two wires that are tricky would be the wire from a .022. it is going to go to the lug that touches the hot when nothing is plugged into the lo. then the hot of that jack goes to a 470k 470pf combo. the first jack is the high igets wired exactly like the pic I drew.

I dont think this is solder gun revocation but a suspension is def in order.
Jerry, Daves jacks are wired much different than a standard JMP. You have one of his mods? Theres a 5 watt resistor going across the jacks.

Still looking for some close up pics of the extracted jacks. Thanks for the pics but I can't see the wiring so I still can't put it back together.

Back