Sold Friedman Naked

  • Thread starter Thread starter lester
  • Start date Start date

To buy, sell, or trade in this section, you must have at least 50 posts and have two-factor authentication enabled.

lester

lester

Well-known member
Friedman Naked - Hand-Wired by George Metropoulos (#1) $3500 Shipped.
Black head shell with white piping. Built during the dream-team era. Ha. when Dave was routing production through George Metropoulos in Michigan.
Hand-wired by George himself, the #1 stamp on the side confirms it.
This is an exact replica of Billy Howerdell’s amp, right down to the transformers.
I’ve heard the later second-gen versions in the 70s Marshall shell and prefer this one. Killer definitive rhythm tone, perfect master volume, and a perfect FX loop.
Currently dialed to the Howerdell settings and hasn’t been touched since. Footswitch gives you a simple, very good clean channel.
Someone ordered a line-out, George installed the jack in one of the 4-ohm output holes and the pot in the other. No complaints. Just a great amp.

$3500 shipped to the lower 48.

Payment via Zelle or PayPal Friends & Family.
Once payment clears, I’ll box it up and send it with tracking.

Serious inquiries only

.
 
Last edited:
The first riff I would play through this is "Weak and Powerless"
Yeah, that's a good one!
I always wanted to emulate a couple of the sounds, the effects only, that he uses so brilliantly with my Axe Fx...ahhh, oh well, maybe next time,
Yeah, right
 
lol, that didn't last long. Curious though, were there really only 20 Naked amps made?
 
15 years of looking and I missed it by an hour thanks to a business call. This one hurts, but congrats to the new owner!
 
A Perfect Circle, he used a Naked
Oh, I gave a listen to it, as it was first google result. Found it to be a little gay and unfitting to the heavy tones I expect from a Naked tbh lol

But I am a neanderthal, probably not sophisticated enough 😂
 
Oh, I gave a listen to it, as it was first result. Found it to be a little gay and unfitting to the heavy tones I expect from a Naked tbh lol

But I am a neanderthal, probably not sophisticated ebough 😂
True. He was the guy who started using the mod first
 
Kinda curious, as he doesn’t seem to even remotely use all the intended gain in that thing
I wouldn't pick a Naked for a high gain metal amp. Those and Naylors, they can do it for sure. But they are more just thick, warm sounding tones.
 
I wouldn't pick a Naked for a high gain metal amp. Those and Naylors, they can do it for sure. But they are more just thick, warm sounding tones.
I have been misinformed it seems. I thought Naked is a higain moster from what I saw online. I see now.

Thanks for educating me.
 
I wouldn't pick a Naked for a high gain metal amp. Those and Naylors, they can do it for sure. But they are more just thick, warm sounding tones.
Yeah, the Naked has more "teeth" than a Naylor, and it is tuned to handled lower tunings a lot better than a Naylor. Dave built that amp for Howerdel, and Billy was tuned down 1-1/2 steps all of the time back then. It's tightened up to give you that same vibe when you're tuned down.

I thought and still think the Naked sounds like shit at standard tuning. Also, the newer ones with the Saturation switch stuff aren't "real" to me. That's the purist in me speaking. The same goes for the Naylors that Dave King added all of those "features" to. They take away from the amp in my opinion.
 
Disagree on the standard tuning comment. I guess it depends on what and how you play and want to hear but I’m finding it to be very much like a super drive but less balled up in the mids. I played a Naylor in an a/b rig with a dc30 for at least a decade and the naked very much feels like a less congested Naylor, but still very much like a Naylor.

Agree it’s not what I’d pick for any modern metal. I don’t play anything like metal, though.
 
Back
Top