Friedman Vintage Line coming soon?

Kapo_Polenton

Looks like it might be sooner than we think.. my understanding is Friedman's take on his favourite AC30 and Plexi. If you are on Instagram or FB, see one of Phil X's latest short clips where he is playing the Fair Warning wrapped SG body guitar and playing through an amp he can't discuss " yet". He's playing Mean streets and the tone is pretty tasty. Guess that's going to be Friedman's take on a Plexi with power scaling and variac on board. Probably a loop and some switches for minor tone variations. ( bright caps and MID pot would be my guess) Crowded market perhaps but why not.. I'd def. be down for an amp like this if it didn't cost 4K.

But then again... maybe not... someone already questioned that and he shot it down. Hope it isn't a modeler because it sounds bitchin..

1697817100597.png

I heard about this recently from a video Dave did but I cannot find it now. He mentioned it just like you did.. something Vox and something Plexi with a built in variac.

I’d love to hear Dave’s take on a vox with newer features and maybe ways to boost the gain without getting away from the vox voice and whatnot

Not sure but I’d think the Vox stuff would mostly be combos…total guess

I’ve almost pulled the trigger on a victory copper a few times. I probably would have already if I played more clean and edge breakup stuff
A Friedman 2x12 el84 vox take would probably be pretty rippin

Yeah, I think someone said Friedman was doing a replica of his favorite plexi with the variac. Again, I guess, the Blankenship Variplex was supposed to be the same thing.

No offense to Friedman but is anyone else these days REALLY pumped for another modded take on an AC30, Plexi, Marshall in general, etc.?? How about some new fucking blood up in this bitch.

I’m fully aware there’s only so much you can do with a guitar amp circuit and it’s been explored to death but I don’t know. We need a genius to shake things up I suppose.

Back