Front loaded 4x12

I think rear loaded. I am the furthest thing from an expert though. If you take off the back, you can tell for sure, even if you take of the wiring plate. You can shine a flashlight and see if you can see the rims (with screws), but i assume the back coming off and the R at the end of the serial?model? tells you that it is rear

May sounds like a dumb question as I bought this cab back in like 2007... but which one do I have? Front or rear loaded?

I like the way it sounds. Very tight and percussive. Not overly boomy. I recall back in 2007 I had a Mesa Recto 4X12 and the VH4 I had at the time was sooooo boomy. It would shake the neighborhood.

View attachment 100247

View attachment 100250
Hey Sean, good to see a familiar ESP Forum bro! Loving the collection!!

Hey Sean, good to see a familiar ESP Forum bro! Loving the collection!!
Hey man!

I think rear loaded. I am the furthest thing from an expert though. If you take off the back, you can tell for sure, even if you take of the wiring plate. You can shine a flashlight and see if you can see the rims (with screws), but i assume the back coming off and the R at the end of the serial?model? tells you that it is rear

Yeah IIRC it was rear loaded when I bought them but it has been so long.

Has anyone in here made a full stack but with one cab with all v30s and another with all gk100s , and if so if it a good blend? And front loaded of course

So,
I have a VH4 pumping into 2 Diezel 4x12 Scumback loaded cabs.
Whats the Front loaded going to do for me.

Love the tone I have right now so will adding the FR 4x12 be just another cab or give me a bigger smile than I have going on now.
A 4x12 cab is typically 16 ohms, so when you connect two of them in parallel, the total load will become 8 ohms. Which will make it sound awesome.

The Front-loaded will give a tighter, more focused sound, particularly suited to heavier music styles.

Back