Fryette GP/DI and Powerstation users...

moondread

For those using the GP/DI and a Powerstation together how do you connect them? I’ve pretty much run the GP/DI line out into the line in of the PS-2 I had. It sounded great but while waiting for my PS-100 to arrive I’ve been rewatching some Fryette videos and I noticed that when Steve used the two together he connects the GP/DI speaker out to the PS-2 amp in. This then allows use of the Powerstation EQ switches and to use just the GP/DI with the PS in bypass.

I know I’ll just have to try both configurations when I get the PS-100 but I was wondering if anyone had already compared the two and what your thoughts were?

I do the line out of the GP/DI into the line in of the PS-2. I prefer this to using the speaker out. The line out gives a tighter sound overall to me. YMMV.

The PS-2 EQ switches and depth/presence still work with the line in, I believe.

I do the line out of the GP/DI into the line in of the PS-2. I prefer this to using the speaker out. The line out gives a tighter sound overall to me. YMMV.

The PS-2 EQ switches and depth/presence still work with the line in, I believe.
Thanks for the reply. The PS-100 is arriving this week so I’ll do some experimentation then. I was under the impression that using the Line In bypassed the EQ switches as they’re tied to the reactive load and that path is entirely bypassed in that configuration. I’ll have to look at the manual again. Depth and Presence function regardless.

Back