Fryette power station into pa

I was asking, he runs the one speaker jack back into the amp in, there are 2 speaker out Jack's. Could the 2nd be used for a traditional cab? Seems odd that you could besides the way you described, hopeful tho. Is the fryette pre amp in the video tube? As well as isnt a helix a preamp? I know its everything else too, maybe even pours cold beer.. but seriously I consider it a pre amp?

Disclaimer: I don't work for Fryette so I can't say for 100% sure but...

I would assume you could use the load and a real cab at the same time as long as you treat the load like another real cab and account for impedance accordingly. 8 ohm load and 8 ohm cab -> 4 ohm total load. 16 ohm load and 16 ohm cab -> 8 ohm load total.

At least that's how it works with every other reactive load of which I'm aware.

I would assume you could use the load and a real cab at the same time as long as you treat the load like another real cab and account for impedance accordingly. 8 ohm load and 8 ohm cab -> 4 ohm total load. 16 ohm load and 16 ohm cab -> 8 ohm load total.

This is actually what I was thinking. But wasn't sure..... and if your overdriving the Power Station with the self attenuation method your stuck with whatever volume your using. I believe that is why Fryette recommends a separate power amp. You would have separate control of the volume in the room and the amount of overdrive created in the self attenuation.

Very cool! Thank you, just got the ps2, wanting to try a few things, maybe the axe3 , wondering how a BEmini would sound. Jerevil posted that video with the BE OD into a 4x12 with the 1st gen ps1, sounded pretty cool.

Because the Power Station power amp is fairly neutral it works well with modelers.

I have use it with over twenty amps and got good results with all of them.

It's a very versatile useful tool.

So, can the Power Station be used as only a reactive load, bypassing the tube power section? I'm assuming if you routed an amp into "Amp In -> Line Out" then that's what you'd be doing. In that case, would the Power Station even need to be powered on, or would it work entirely without power, like for example the Suhr Reactive Load does?
Yes, you don't have to turn on the Power Station to use the reactive load.

Back