fryette power station question

wIsEbLooD

Hi guys,
I was wondering if the way I am using the power station is safe.
I am using the line in for my preamps out of the ps into a 4x12.
I am also running a 800kk into the amp in which I use with the power station off but the ps is still connected to the same 4x12 which just bypasses the ps.
This allows me to just have one cab in the room and I do not have to unplug anything.

I'm pretty sure you won't fry anything. The KK is seeing a load at all times. You might have two signals at the same time if you have them both on but I don't think you'll hurt anything.

When you have something in the line in you cannot hear the 800 unless the ps powered off or powered on and left in bypass, so it is not possible to play through both at once.
So I think it should be good.
This is a really flexible setup now and I also have the axefx through monitors in the rack.
Alot of options and I do not have to keep messing with the cables and routing too much.

Attachments

• thumbnail_PXL_20211011_140330407.jpg
    thumbnail_PXL_20211011_140330407.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 50
As long as the KK always sees a load I don't see an issue, but someone will be more knowledgeable about how the PS works than I am.

Great piece of gear. Probably the one item I would recommend to ANY guitar player. It's a great power amp, great attenuation sound and options, great for silent practice or recording.

When you have something in the line in you cannot hear the 800 unless the ps powered off or powered on and left in bypass, so it is not possible to play through both at once.
This is a really flexible setup now and I also have the axefx through monitors in the rack.
Alot of options and I do not have to keep messing with the cables and routing too much.
I wasn't sure if when everything was powered on and not in bypass whether you'd get both or not. But Fryette carefully made it such that you wouldn't fry your amp just by flipping the Operate/Bypass switch. You could easily fry your ears tho! I've almost done that but stopped with my finger almost on the switch. Marshall 100W dimed...yikes. So your KK should see a load no matter what.

Nice rack!

Can't give any tech advice but I love my PS2. Still hoping to see a KK 800 pop up at a decent price but that is a long shot.

Depends what I'm going for.
Lately it has been the jmp1.
I'm really liking the Gary Holt boost with the jmp1.

I'm not trying to be a smartass here, but have you tried emailing Fryette? The man himself often answers and you will get it from the source, rather than taking the chance of any of us being wrong. I wouldn't think that setup would be an issue since there's only one load, but could be worth a quick email to be sure.

I did think about that then I thought I could get an answer faster on here.
The way I am using it is not covered in the manual.
For the hell of it will email Steve.

I did think about that then I thought I could get an answer faster on here.
The way I am using it is not covered in the manual.
For the hell of it will email Steve.
I emailed them a few yrs back about running KT90s in a D60…got a reply back within 48 hrs.

I’d be more concerned about those seven unsecured rack units toppling over one day.

I'm not trying to be a smartass here, but have you tried emailing Fryette? The man himself often answers and you will get it from the source, rather than taking the chance of any of us being wrong. I wouldn't think that setup would be an issue since there's only one load, but could be worth a quick email to be sure.

In my experience you have maybe a 5 to 10% chance of ever receiving a reply when emailing them :LOL: :aww:

Back