FS: Fortin 1983 JCM 800 Gainmonster SOLD!!

Metalhead

I've held on to this amp for a long time due partially to the fact that it is the most brutal and tight Marshall 'mod' of it's kind I've ever heard and partially because that, from what I understand, Mike doesn't do mods unless you're a rock star. Wicked awesome amp but just ready to try something different.

I'm not going to pretend that I can describe the amp like I'm a writer for Premier Guitar magazine, but suffice to say this amp definitely has options. There is a push/pull on both the bass and treble knobs to shift the tone. There is a push/pull on the master volume knob that sends the amp into a total metal inferno! On the added depth knob there is a 'thump' switch. On the presence knob is a 'hair' switch which gives the tone a nice edge. There is additionally a gain voicing knob as well as a low/high switch above the gain knob. With the low/high switch set to low you can (with the included heavy duty single button footswitch which was custom made by Mike for this amp) stomp once which boosts the gain for leads. The amp is also complete with external bias points, a pair of matched Winged C SED EL34's and a pair of Winged C SED 6550's. I believe I've got an RFT in V1 and otherwise all 8th generation Chinese preamp tubes. Otherwise the amp was also completely gone through by Mike and recapped.

May entertain a trade for a Wizard MCII or a Diezel Herbert Mk 3.

Price is $3,200 buyer pays shipping (CONUS only) and PayPal fees.

Attachments

• Fortin Gainmonster 001.JPG
    Fortin Gainmonster 001.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 2,111
  • Fortin Gainmonster 002.JPG
    Fortin Gainmonster 002.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 2,112
  • Fortin Gainmonster 003.JPG
    Fortin Gainmonster 003.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 2,103
  • Fortin Gainmonster 004.JPG
    Fortin Gainmonster 004.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 2,108
I can only imagine how incredibly awesome this amp sounds. I would really ask myself is this something I should be selling. Once it's gone it most likely isnt coming back. Just sayin'

I appreciate all the posts. Yeah it's a killer one. Just had it a long time and ready to do something different.

Of all the modded Marshall heads I have seen pop up for sale here,this is the one I would most want to score. This is an OG Fortin. The real deal Holyfield IMO. I keep coming back to this thread because I am enamored with this amp.

I can’t believe this hasn’t sold yet. 100% Fortin amp rebuild for $3,200... this isn’t an amp made by Metro, it’s a custom gain machine. I believe it is similar to that orange mod Killertone owns.

Eric, join their FB page and list it for sale for $3,500. It will sell fast. The only downside is you will have to deal with the jerkoffs who run the page. :LOL: :LOL:

Metlupass2":297sykwg said:
You're not allowed to sell stuff on the fortin army FB page unfortunately.

See, I was right, jerkoffs. :LOL: :LOL:

List it on Reverb and eBay, then sell it off site. :D

Unfortunately I don’t have any clips. Actually starting to reconsider selling this thing. Played it again the other day, and it sure did sound good.

Pmd ya.

Edit: PMd you again evening of 12/3. Cash in hand. Tentatively will snag this from you, just have a few questions. We should exchange email or phone#s; pms here for me aren't always reliable (they frequently get stuck in my outbox).

Back