FSOT: ESP Kiso Potbelly, Aluminati Orion Terra, Kodex Audio #010

3 very cool and not-so-common guitars. I've just happened to hit my 50 post minimum, but I've done deals with several of you on TGP or maybe via Reverb. Nevertheless, it's my first classified post here, so I'm going to drop the prices on all of these just for rig-talk. Trade offers welcome, but cash sparks maximal joy. I dig a lot of what comes through the classifieds here and am happy to do +cash on either side.
IMG_9318.jpeg

First up, an ESP Potbelly from Kiso Custom Shop. I recently picked up this up but am finding that I still hate bound bodies. This one was made in the Kiso custom shop, one of the better ESP shops and generally known to be higher quality than the standard series or even later E-IIs. It's in great shape though has a few dings I've tried to capture. Plays really well. In general, it feels like some kind of alternate universe PRS: a cross between a Gibson and a Fender, but with a few different choices. The second switch is a coil tap that works really well and I found myself swapping between single coil and humbucker tones mid-song.

Ships in a gator case, with switch tip and trem-bar. $1100 shipped CONUS [sold]. Killer deal. Full specs and more pictures on the reverb listing.

--
IMG_9309.jpeg

Second up, an Aluminati Orion Terra. I'm convinced Aluminati is making the best Aluminum necks in the world right now. I'm sure someone wants the supremely thin necks EGC et al are kicking out, but it ain't for me. The Aluminati neck feels like a great guitar neck that just happens to be aluminum.

The terra model is one of the few wood-bodied guitars they've made. As such, it's a bit less off the beaten path than the alternatives. Combined with the classic sound Lollar imperials, this guitar is less a "look at me clang and clank" aluminum than a more articulate and hi-fi refinement of classic dual hum bucker tones. And it plays like a dream.

I'm selling because I don't *love* the body shape, which will remind you of some noted MusicMan models. I basically live and die by a good forearm contour and there's non to be had here. If you like a good flat top, it's unlikely to bug you. The weight is a bit under nine pounds, so nothing extreme. While I wouldn't say it's got much neck dive, it does like to hang straight like an explorer. I wore it with a suede-backed strap as I like to angle my neck up a bit. It's never been played outside of my home studio.

Ships in a gator case with candy and spec sheet. $1650 [sold] shipped CONUS. More pics on the reverb listing.

--
IMG_9327.jpeg

Last up, Kodex Audio #010. This one might not appeal as much on rig-talk, but I’ll toss it up here nonetheless. Kodex is a relatively new builder in Germany making some truly novel guitars. The look and construction reference aluminum but this one is entirely wood construction.

Specs
- 24.75" Scale
- 24 Frets
- Walnut neck & body
- Solid finish in
- Matching headstock
- Tuning machines by schertler audio
- Omnia humbucker & split coil by baguley guitars
- ABM bridge
- Speed knobs by Schaller
- Master tone & volume

The feel is most similar to a well balanced SG, but the Omnia pickups bring a wide range clarity rather than a mid-focus bite. Like some thinner neck SGs, you can absolutely bend this one out of tune, but the upper access is fabulous and the balance is quite good.

Ships in a nice Gator soft case. $1300 shipped CONUS. More pics on the reverb listing.

Last edited:
Back