FU-Tone Guitars: Anyone See These Yet?

If I played on in person and it rocked, I'd consider one. But big question mark if I will like the pickups, or what the trem is really like. Could get a Charvel or a Jackson and upgrade it with parts I know I like and be about the same price.

So, can you just throw money at a MFR and become a guitar brand? Solar, Chapman, Chubtone, FU?

Cool. I'm the new Charvel.

It seems like a fair price for what you are getting, but yes, late to the party.

I’m sure this will be like 99% of all other offshore made guitars these days. An excellent bang for the buck instrument that plays very well and stays in tune. Two very important traits that were hard to find in the lower priced instruments that most of us started out with decades ago. But I’ve never played an import guitar in this price bracket with a truly great, inspiring tone. I don’t think any of those large foreign instrument manufacturing facilities are using anything close to premium tonewoods, partly because the only lumber they can procure in the quantities required is relatively young, harvested/replanted at a high rate, therefore never allowing the trees to grow slowly which would make the tree rings grow closer together (more density to the wood). Add a super thick polyester finish and it’s no wonder why some import guitars, while playing well are very dead sounding. I’m talking about the sub $500 Jacksons and Schecters. I’m sure there are varying levels of predetermined quality amongst the imports, at different price points.

"Titanium Saddles" $795.00 thats never F-ing happening.
Guessing the guitars are parts casters made in China or Vietnam.
Nothing sez "quality" more than doing a demo in front of a Billy Blades amp.

billyBlade.jpg

Last edited:
Seems pretty cool, I like the specs as well. Curious what the “Pickup Mounting System” is, but if it makes swapping easier, then that’s really cool

The bridges are Gotoh 1996T Floyds, so they're going to play really nice and stay in tune great. At least my 1996T on a hotrodded Strat I've got does. I prefer them to real Floyds. But, a lot of his parts are overpriced. However, seems like a somewhat fair price for the goodies it has, even though the bridges are cheaper substantially than Floyd, cost wise. Also, at this price point you can get a big name guitar with actual Duncans or DiMarzios in it. But, it is nice that it has a quality Floyd with a brass block in it, and the PMS system, which itself is overpriced for what it is, but very handy.

The bridges are Gotoh 1996T Floyds, so they're going to play really nice and stay in tune great. At least my 1996T on a hotrodded Strat I've got does. I prefer them to real Floyds. But, a lot of his parts are overpriced. However, seems like a somewhat fair price for the goodies it has, even though the bridges are cheaper substantially than Floyd, cost wise. Also, at this price point you can get a big name guitar with actual Duncans or DiMarzios in it. But, it is nice that it has a quality Floyd with a brass block in it, and the PMS system, which itself is overpriced for what it is, but very handy.
Thanks for shedding light on the bridge. I really don't think he's asking anything crazy at all..maybe these would be great for that guy who wants a mid priced shredder..I would like to play one sometime, but I just feel like they are in a tough market position. I almost feel like if he did a guitar without the toggles and coil taps and all that, and threw some Duncans/Dimarzios in it...could be more appealing to a lot of people with his upgraded trem ideas

Last edited:
Sorry I'm late to the party, but has anyone here actually played or bought one of these guitars? I'm interested, but I don't want to spend $1,500 & end up feeling I'm playing a $800 guitar. Also do they offer hockey stick headstocks? I'd love a reverse hockey stick headstock.

Back